Graphics
Hd 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am about to install my first hackintosh. I bought all the hardware (the i7, z68x-ud3h-b3 build). I installed Snow Le0pard on a VM. Within the VM i bought the osx Lion (downloading now).

I want to make a dual boot (Osx Lion 60gb and Win7 60gb on a 120gb ssd) but i am confused what guide to follow.

The Uniboot guide seems straight forward. Only can i partition correctly so i can install second boot? Or do i need to follow different steps (Chimera??). The dual boot guide i found here looks like it is for snow leopard. Hopefully you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html

If your talking about this guide its still pretty much the same process. You can partition the disk using the disk utility from unibeast. Install windows. Then installl lion with unibeast.

So step 1 and 2 are essentially the same just replace step 3 with unibeast guide.

grotius said:
I am about to install my first hackintosh. I bought all the hardware (the i7, z68x-ud3h-b3 build). I installed Snow Le0pard on a VM. Within the VM i bought the osx Lion (downloading now).

I want to make a dual boot (Osx Lion 60gb and Win7 60gb on a 120gb ssd) but i am confused what guide to follow.

The Uniboot guide seems straight forward. Only can i partition correctly so i can install second boot? Or do i need to follow different steps (Chimera??). The dual boot guide i found here looks like it is for snow leopard. Hopefully you can help me.

Thanks in advance.
You will need to reinstall Win7 after you reformat your SSD to GUID partition tables so Lion will install. Other than that, the process is fairly easy - boot UniBeast, select OS Install icon, use the installer utility->disk utility to format the SSD - split in half like you want, format one partition MacOS Extended (Journaled) for Lion and the other partition MSDOS FAT. It really does not matter which is which - you can have Lion first or Win7 first - your choice, so pick a partition scheme and format the SSD.
Once you have formatted, I ususlly recommend installing Win7 first because it saves you a step in having to re-install Chimera. So, shutdown and remove the UniBeast USB, Then boot with Win7 installer DVD, choose the MSDOS FAT formatted partition, click on the advanced button, click on format, then continue and install. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=5842 and download the Service Pack 1 for your version of Win7 - you want one of the last 2 in the list - x86 for 32-bit, x64 for 64-bit. Then use Micrsoft Update Center to get all the rest of your updates. Install your security suite and apps. Update your security definitions and do a full system scan - you might not think this is necessary, but unless you installed the security suite before you connected to the internet it is highly recommended you do it.

Once Win7 is installed to your satisfaction, shut down and plug in UniBeast USB drive and boot to the OS X installer and install. Do your comboupdate and run MultiBeast. You should be good to go.

Thanks for the swift replies! :cool:.

I am following the guide at this moment.

Step 1 and step 2 are done. I made the partitions and windows 7 is installed. Now I am stuck at step 3. I posted a new question on the forum :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back