Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there,

Back in November I sucessfully boot loaded OS X and Winows 10 with minor issues. Everything was working really, really well except for a few minor things like sound issues (which I didn't really care about since I used a USB headset) and those didn't really affect the performance of the machine.
This morning I logged onto windows to get some work done. After an hour I then decided to switch over to Mac so I could use my editing software. When I tried to log on this morning I only got as far as the Apple logo and the white loading bar. The bar gets to about 3/4 through then just goes black and appears to stall/sleep... I have tried this numerous times and all attempts yielded the same result.
I've tried to boot in recovery mode with little success as well... I was able to get past the loading screen to apples grey background with the little spinning rainbow ball :beachball:. It has been like this for the past fifteen minutes or so.

Everything important is stored on my external drive so It won't be the end of the world if I need to re-install Mac OS X. I still have the USB drive that I used previously to install with all of the necessary boot loaders. I don't know how I would install over the clover leaf boot loader though...

I was running El Capitan 10.11.1 but there was an update available for 10.11.3. I'm not sure if it auto updated or not, but I don't think it would've since it has a never auto updated before and I didn't see the updater on startup.

My system specs are:
Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54570

ASUS Micro ATX DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboards VANGUARD B85

Nvidea GTX 570

I am running OS X El Capitan off of a 1tb HDD partitioned into two 500 partitions with the other 500 being used as storage for Windows. Windows is running off of a 120 Gb SSD.

Hey,
I had that issue as well once. I am not very good in this things, but I remember that for a strange reason switching to windows had messed up my GPU Driver (GTX 970). I bootet with the bootflag nv_disable=1 you can enter it at the startupscreen of clover menu (see picture). This disables the Nvidia Drivers.
It doesnt solve the problem yet, but at least you get back to your Desktop. From there try reinstalling the driver.
Also check in UEFI-Bios if the option VT-d is set to "disabled".

Hope it helps,

Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-15 um 17.01.43.png

Hey,
I had that issue as well once. I am not very good in this things, but I remember that for a strange reason switching to windows had messed up my GPU Driver (GTX 970). I bootet with the bootflag nv_disable=1 you can enter it at the startupscreen of clover menu (see picture). This disables the Nvidia Drivers.
It doesnt solve the problem yet, but at least you get back to your Desktop. From there try reinstalling the driver.
Also check in UEFI-Bios if the option VT-d is set to "disabled".

Hope it helps,

View attachment 177109

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly. I am back into my Hackintosh :)

Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back