Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After reading many threads here and on other forums (the past 2 weeks) and finding lots of NVidia dual graphics card install methods, I wonder if it is possible to configure dual batmobiles (Gigabyte HD 5770) with crossfire link and powered up in either of the following modes:

1. OS X ignore the second card and work properly with the first card (while secondary still active),
2. OS X see both cards even with crossfire link in place,
3. OS X see primary card and somehow benefit from the second card.

Motivation:

I have a triple boot Customac Pro 2010. Both Linux Mint 10 64 Bit and Windows 64 Bit support CrossFire for the Batmobile (HD 5770) and really works well. I know Snow Leopard does not support CrossFire, but I would like one card to work properly in SL without having to disable the second card by disconnecting the card power and the fan power connections.

Problem:

I cannot use SL without disabling the second graphics card.

Ideal solution:

I would prefer a DSTD only edit to fix this problem. (Don't know if it's possible)

I too would love to know if this is possible

I was trying not too long ago with dual 5870s....never got close to getting it working. Kabyl (i think it was) tried creating a custom chameleon for me which initialized the second card to at least stop the fan blowing like a jet-engine.....but even that didn't work for me.

In fact, they were still making edits to kexts a month ago for dual GPU AMD cards to disable one GPU else the OS becomes completely unresponsive.

I noticed that just before new year, someone added new HD5000 support into the chameleon code.....you might want to try compiling one of the 698 branches and see what happens.

bump. any change on the status of dual 5770s? I'm thinking of buying a second card if there is a solution.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back