Contribute
Register

DTSD Alienware 17 2014 Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i'll take a wack at it thanks.

ok 7 files => 1 DTSD and 6 SSDT zero errors. :) Thanks a bunch. Copied them to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED & OEM/SYSTEMPRODUCTNAME/ACPI/Patched & UEFI/ACPI/Patched. Going to look at the Config.plist guide now since i'm guessing i won't need the clover patches anymore. thanks again for all your help

ok 7 files => 1 DTSD and 6 SSDT zero errors. :) Thanks a bunch. Copied them to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED & OEM/SYSTEMPRODUCTNAME/ACPI/Patched & UEFI/ACPI/Patched. Going to look at the Config.plist guide now since i'm guessing i won't need the clover patches anymore. thanks again for all your help

You only need them in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

Keep in mind that recompiled ACP files without any functional patches are the same as native ACPI...

I just read my post lol i understand that my brain was moving a little faster then my fingers. i know i have to patch the files first. are the other file locations not utilized? it seems that without posting in the other two directories on my legacy boot the coifing doesn't work properly.

I just read my post lol i understand that my brain was moving a little faster then my fingers. i know i have to patch the files first. are the other file locations not utilized? it seems that without posting in the other two directories on my legacy boot the coifing doesn't work properly.

It is unlikely your laptop is identified as "SYSTEMPRODUCTNAME". Therefore that directory is not used. And UEFI/ACPI/patched only used for UEFI boot (if at all).

In general, you delete the OEM directory, and use only ACPI/patched for patched content.

You should notice no functional changes with re-compiled, but unpatched ACPI files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back