Contribute
Register

(DSDTSE) Compil error 255 : Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very relevant minihack :)

I have tried your dsdt, it boots fine, no KP at the moment. For my learning, i tried to remove myself the method, but it results in an error 255 when compiling. Computer wins :D
Have you change a syntax or arguments somewhere else ?

With your dsdt, AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext are loaded, it works as expected.

Yes, I had to make some changes in that "Scope".

For future reference, and to see changes I really recommend TextWrangler. It is a free download and you can open .dsl files with it. In this case, get the dsl file for the dsdt you posted and open it in TextWrangler then convert the DSDT.aml file I posted and convert it to dsl and call it something different (e.g. newdsdt.dsl) and open it in TextWrangler. Now go to the top menu of the application, go to Search/Compare Two Front Documents and instantly you see in a new bottom dialogue all the diffrences between files and when you click on each one it shows the comparisons. It also has a function for applying the changes from one document to another. I use it a lot when troubleshooting my own DSDT versions and working out other peoples hacks.......

:)

I just tried Text Wrangler. This application is a jewel, and you are definitely good at what you do !

I'd like to ask you something else please. Now that my HD 3000 is injected, do you think a discrete graphic card and the integrated graphic could get along, like in Windows ? I have only one monitor, and in fact i'd like to preserve the GTX 580 during low solicitation. Ideally the two graphic solutions would switch at the right time.

And what is the purpose of MacMini definition when using the HD 3000 ? To load some more kexts, and the right power management ? I'd like to stick to iMac12,2 and i wonder if it is compatible (maybe after editing some plist or other stuff) ?

Thanks again for your help, i really appreciate.

Hi!
I've got a Asus K73SV notebook with an Intel HD3000. I'm trying to apply the Dual Link patch to my dsdt to get my internal monitor working.
Problem is: After injecting the code (see below) (taken from: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28851 ) and pressing compile it tells me, that the _DSM method is already used in scope.

This is the code:

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "AAPL00,DualLink",
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

I could really use some help, I've been trying to figure that out for the past 2 days ....
I've attached my dsdt.aml, maybe you could take a professional look at it?
Cheers!

Attachments

• dsdt.rar
    27.4 KB · Views: 97
I'm sorry i can't help a lot ; but on a side note, i see you have a GFX0 at two adresses in your DSDT ; i'm not a DSDT pro, but it looks strange.

Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Monaco]0x00020000 and [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#404040][FONT=Monaco]0x00010000 (inside Device PEG0)[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

... when you applied your injected code, then compil and go to the referred line : 8269 and delete (dirty method) the section to compil :)

But be aware, there is more or less 400 lines. I don't know where you get this DSDT but it seems pretty messed up. Lot of errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back