Contribute
Register

DSDT to enable hardware decoding of 1080p video ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z77 Pro3
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all, I was testing out some 1080p video with FLAC audio I got just now and the MPlayer console blurted out this:

**** Your system is too SLOW to play this! ****

I'm running MPlayer version SVN-r31743-4.2.1 which as of this post is the latest SVN release of MPlayer. Bleeding edge.

I have an i5/750 running at stock speeds that can play most anything else just fine, so there's NO WAY my system could be too slow. I doubt an overclock would help it. I'm thinking that it's not using my GPU for hardware decoding. Is there a DSDT that can be applied, or a kext that can be installed that would allow my GTS 250 to use hardware decoding for such crazy high quality video? I know it's not OS X itself, since Linux and Windows 7 on the same hardware both can play back similar files just fine. I'll have to double check that, but I'm 99.9999999% sure that'll be the case. I'd rather use OS X as full time as possible. It would help my exports and renderings in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 as well, as well as general performance gains.

Thanks in advance,
Shiggitay

EDIT: I've added some strings to com.apple.boot.plist and I've gotten the latest SVN code for MPlayer and it no longer complains, but the audio is still offset.. VLC plays it fine. Strange. I prefer MPlayer.

That's odd- seems like an application error to me (MPlayer)- rather than a Hackintosh error.

tonymacx86 said:
That's odd- seems like an application error to me (MPlayer)- rather than a Hackintosh error.

Yeah I figured that out the hard way... I started messing with plists and stuff... luckily I know that I can use iBoot and MultiBeast to revert such changes.

Is there a new version of MultiBeast that injects proper support for the GTS 250 line of GPUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back