Contribute
Register

DSDT Syntax errors when compiled (no patches)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9570 4K
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1050 Ti
DSDT was extracted from Clover by F4 method, disassembled with refs.txt but even without any patches the DSDT fails to compile with MaciASL (tried several versions of MaciASL) and has 3 errors:

Thank you for your help.
Attached is DSDT.dsl

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
DSDT was extracted from Clover by F4 method, disassembled with refs.txt but even without any patches the DSDT fails to compile with MaciASL and has 3 errors:View attachment 410588

Thank you for your help.
Attached is DSDT.dsl
have you tried the fix parseop patches?

have you tried the fix parseop patches?
Yes, however I can't apply any of the parseop fix patches, also they don't seem to be addressing these parseop errors in the first place so I guess that's expected

Yes, however I can't apply any of the parseop fix patches, also they don't seem to be addressing these parseop errors in the first place so I guess that's expected
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Attached, thanks

Attachments

• debug_28374.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
Your DSDT is corrupted. Follow RM guide for DSDT+SSDT with F4 in Clover.
However, I patched your file, find attached the DSL version but recompiling in AML you still get the same errors.
Note that if you add a device PNLF (backlight) you've to be sure there's no other PNLF reference: in your case a PNLF variable exist and has been changed in PNLX to guarantee compatibility.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
Your DSDT is corrupted. Follow RM guide for DSDT+SSDT with F4 in Clover.
However, I patched your file, find attached the DSL version but recompiling in AML you still get the same errors.
Note that if you add a device PNLF (backlight) you've to be sure there's no other PNLF reference: in your case a PNLF variable exist and has been changed in PNLX to guarantee compatibility.

I did do the F4 Clover method of DSDT+SSDT extraction again with the debug_28374.zip that I attached above, I think the DSDT.dsl initially attached in OP is messed up/wrong file. Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back