Contribute
Register

DSDT request: GA-P55A-UD3 (Bios F5) & i7-860

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrBanzai said:
Tony: this has all of the edits (other than the SpeedStep for the i7-860) already made?

Yeah- all the edits are made as stated in the DSDT Database.

Unless otherwise noted, the DSDTs in this database are taken directly from a DSDT extract from the specific motherboard, and have been edited with CMOS reset, UHCI/EHCI, IDE (SATA), PIC/TMR/HPET, SBUS, and HDEF.

:)

thelostswede said:
It won't have the full graphics card edits, as he can't make edits for every damn card out there, but it works for Nvidia cards.

I understand that; I just wanted to verify that I should only have to reapply the SpeedStep code.

Thanks; I'm going to try this new DSDT and see if it fixes the sleep issue. I will report back with the results.

No dice; sleep is still not working (for me, at least).

I'm hoping sleep DOES work for someone else, though... at least then I would be able to compare notes and see if it is a BIOS configuration issue, or perhaps hardware incompatibility.

Sleep didnt work for me. If i turn off my monitor, i can't get video when i turn it back on (says no input). when i sleep my computer it turns off and when it is turned back on i get no video.

What's in your Extra? Make sure you've followed these guidelines:

NOTE: In order for sleep to work, remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector from /Extra/Extensions and rebuild Extensions.mkext by dragging to Kext Utility. And check all checkboxes in System Preferences/Energy Saver.

My Extra/Extensions has fakesmc.kext, JMicronATA.kext and LegacyHDA.kext (for my still non-functioning sound). I've run Kext Utility on the /E/E folder to no effect.

duktape: Do you have working sound and ethernet using the new DSDT?

delete legacyhda.kext, thats how i got it work work. in my extra/extensions i have fakesmc.kext jmicronata.kext and nvenabler 64.kext. ethernet works using the rt1000.kext on multibeast.
is nvenabler 64.kext needed?

DrBanzai said:
My Extra/Extensions has fakesmc.kext, JMicronATA.kext and LegacyHDA.kext (for my still non-functioning sound). I've run Kext Utility on the /E/E folder to no effect.

How are you testing for sleep? Best way is go to the Apple and click Sleep.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-05 at 2.00.56 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-05 at 2.00.56 PM.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 100
tonymacx86 said:
DrBanzai said:

How are you testing for sleep? Best way is go to the Apple and click Sleep.

this is what i do. the computer shuts down and when i turn it back on i dont get any video. is nvenabler 64 causing problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back