Contribute
Register

DSDT request for X58A-UD3R 2.0 FH BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
(at) vijayp:
If you're still unlucky - get a free enterprise-version of Win7.
You can use it up to 600 days, if you do it right.
Just give a HDD for it, worth it... :thumbup:

gido_g said:
(at) vijayp:
If you're still unlucky - get a free enterprise-version of Win7.
You can use it up to 600 days, if you do it right.
Just give a HDD for it, worth it... :thumbup:
sure, I just don't see how a windows tool would work when the dos tool doesn't. Has anyone had an experience where the DOS tool failed, but the Windows one succeeded? The gigabyte tech support people have been thoroughly useless.

I have the 1MB bios and it will not upload the 2MB one gives file size error.
Got the error with both Qflash and @Bios.

vijayp said:
How were you guys able to update the bios? flashspi refuses to accept fg or fh bios, keeps failing with "bad bios image" error. I've tried disabling all other devices, going back to FA first; nothing after FF works for me. I don't have windows installed, so I don't think I can easily use @bios, though at this rate, I might just install it on a new disk just to try it out.

Same problem here, have you found any solution?

Opened a ticket with Gigabyte about this. I just told them I'm running Linux with no windows install. Fingers crossed they release a new flashspi.exe.

Finally updated to FH. Gigabyte gave me a few RARs. I'm attaching for anyone having issues with updating to FH BIOS. First unrar FG1 to a USB and boot it. Second unrar the FH to a USB and boot it.

Attachments

• fg1.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 392
  • fh.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 352
I was on FA and was trying to upgrade to FH. QFlash would fail with a 'too large' and SPI would give 'bad image' or hang. Going to FG1 via SPI and then FH via QFlash worked!

I had a copy of parallels around with windows, so here's how I created a bootable USB drive (quicker than the guide mentioned).

http://www.overclock.net/t/454236/how-t ... ideo-cards

Thanks!

vijayp said:
How were you guys able to update the bios? flashspi refuses to accept fg or fh bios, keeps failing with "bad bios image" error. I've tried disabling all other devices, going back to FA first; nothing after FF works for me. I don't have windows installed, so I don't think I can easily use @bios, though at this rate, I might just install it on a new disk just to try it out.

I have had the same problem for a long time. BIOSes until FF are 1MB in size, while FG1 and FH are 2MB in size... The usual Qflash from the BIOS setup screen does not work.

I used my Windows 7 to create a USB boot stick, and also un-rared there the FG1 & FH provided in this thread.

I tried to flash and as always the FLASHSPI.EXE would get stuck silent on the first line.

Then it came to me... EMMM386. in the root directory or my USB stick, I did:
ren config.sys config.old
ren autoexec.bat autoexec.old
to make sure no funny driver like EMM386 would be loaded.

rebooted
and voila: flashspi.exe was able to flag the FG1 bios and the FH BIOS.

I am now running the FH Bios with Multibeast 4.6.2. I hope my system will finally become stable.

I was on FA and was trying to upgrade to FH. QFlash would fail with a 'too large' and SPI would give 'bad image' or hang. Going to FG1 via SPI and then FH via QFlash worked!

This worked for me! I created a dos boot disk using this method here:

http://honeypot.net/2011/10/11/making-dos-usb-images-on-a-mac/

It was actually really easy - I just downloaded the file at the top and skipped straight to Prepare your USB Flash Drive.

I just copied the three gigibyte files over from the FG1 bios to the root of the usb drive - overwriting the autoexec.bat file. Then when booting off the freedos image select option 3 as mentioned in the post above to avoid other drivers.
The process worked sweet then I just used Q-Flash to update to FH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back