Contribute
Register

DSDT needed for Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It's not in the DSDT downloads page, does that mean it doesn't need one?

It's not in the DSDT downloads page, does that mean it doesn't need one?
check this thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/99822-gigabyte-dsdt-patch-repository-maciasl.html
upload what ask and u will get your dsdt patch.
Life its much easier and u get best of your board if u make DSDT for this board.
If u think u could need this fixes then go ahead and make DSDT,and u could apply toleda Graphics patch like it says in this thread!

• USB/FW broken or wake problems
  • USB2 drives not working in USB3 ports
  • USB devices showing as 'unknown'
  • USB devices not working in Apple Keyboards
  • iPads and iPhones not charging
  • Fix the SMBUS device
  • Add the missing MCHC device
  • Proper device renames
  • Fix the Ethernet to fix AppStore issues
  • Fix Intel SATA for use with OS X ML 10.8.2 or below
  • Device injection for ASMedia SATA/USB3, Atheros LAN/WiFi, Broadcom LAN/WiFi and Marvell SATA

How do you gain privileges?

I'd love to access DSDT, just finished first build.

I'm about to upgrade to 10.9.2 and was considering making my own DSDT using MaciASL with PJALM's Z87X-UD5H patch from his Gigabyte repo. In the comments of the patch, PJALM writes

# Note: Please apply a graphics patch after applying this patch, available from the graphics repository.

However, in the graphics repo there's nothing for the integrated Intel HD4600 on my i7-4770k, only HD4000. Does anyone know which graphics patch I should use. I've tried adding Toleda's https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers to MaciASL, but I must not have the right address (tried several variations on https://raw.github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers/master). I'm not even sure if this repo has a graphics patch relevant to PJALMS note.

Here are my specs:
Mavericks 10.9.1
GA-Z87X-UD5H (F8 Bios)
Core i7-4770K
16GB RAM, 8GBx2 Corsair Vengeance LP (CML16GX3M2A1600C10)

Pretty much everything works and has been extremely stable (on bios F7, just flashed F8 yesterday) however, I would like my USB ports to be able to charge my iPad. Perhaps I shouldn't even bother with DSDT as my DSDT free installation via Multibeast has worked pretty well. I've never had any issues with shutting down (and having the computer restart instead), and sleeping the computer works as expected. It comes right back to life after tapping on the keyboard to wake it (I didn't even disable Wake on LAN in the bios). What is everyone's thought on this? Is it worth messing with DSDT?

A couple of other questions if people wouldn't mind shedding some light, as this is my first Hackintosh build.

1) Is it alright to run Multibeast whenever I want and install over old drivers/builds? From my readings and upgrade to 10.9.1, it seems that's how this works. That is, there is no starting over from scratch (unless I was to reinstall OSX). Does the new build completely replace everything from previous builds (kext wise). I guess my worry here is running Multibeast several times, trying new builds, only to have a bunch of leftover kext files and drivers from old builds messing anything up. Does it work this way?

2) Is the use of DSDT any different? That is, if a DSDT build doesn't function well, can I just start Multibeast from within OSX and try another DSDT, or revert back to my old DSDT-free build?

3) I've seen it mentioned that DSDT patches are Bios specific, however, I don't see anything in the PJALM Gigabyte repo that states which version the patch for the Z87X-UD5H was written. There's a date of "Thu Jan 30 03:17:18 UTC 2014", which is several days after the official Gigabyte release of the F8 bios on January 24th. Any thoughts here?

Also, I just wanted to say thanks to a great community; this build was easier than I was expecting thanks to the wealth of information provided by the users and Tonymacx86. Take care!

I'm about to upgrade to 10.9.2 and was considering making my own DSDT using MaciASL with PJALM's Z87X-UD5H patch from his Gigabyte repo. In the comments of the patch, PJALM writes

However, in the graphics repo there's nothing for the integrated Intel HD4600 on my i7-4770k, only HD4000. Does anyone know which graphics patch I should use. I've tried adding Toleda's https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers to MaciASL, but I must not have the right address (tried several variations on https://raw.github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers/master). I'm not even sure if this repo has a graphics patch relevant to PJALMS note.

Here are my specs:
Mavericks 10.9.1
GA-Z87X-UD5H (F8 Bios)
Core i7-4770K
16GB RAM, 8GBx2 Corsair Vengeance LP (CML16GX3M2A1600C10)

Pretty much everything works and has been extremely stable (on bios F7, just flashed F8 yesterday) however, I would like my USB ports to be able to charge my iPad. Perhaps I shouldn't even bother with DSDT as my DSDT free installation via Multibeast has worked pretty well. I've never had any issues with shutting down (and having the computer restart instead), and sleeping the computer works as expected. It comes right back to life after tapping on the keyboard to wake it (I didn't even disable Wake on LAN in the bios). What is everyone's thought on this? Is it worth messing with DSDT?

A couple of other questions if people wouldn't mind shedding some light, as this is my first Hackintosh build.

1) Is it alright to run Multibeast whenever I want and install over old drivers/builds? From my readings and upgrade to 10.9.1, it seems that's how this works. That is, there is no starting over from scratch (unless I was to reinstall OSX). Does the new build completely replace everything from previous builds (kext wise). I guess my worry here is running Multibeast several times, trying new builds, only to have a bunch of leftover kext files and drivers from old builds messing anything up. Does it work this way?

2) Is the use of DSDT any different? That is, if a DSDT build doesn't function well, can I just start Multibeast from within OSX and try another DSDT, or revert back to my old DSDT-free build?

3) I've seen it mentioned that DSDT patches are Bios specific, however, I don't see anything in the PJALM Gigabyte repo that states which version the patch for the Z87X-UD5H was written. There's a date of "Thu Jan 30 03:17:18 UTC 2014", which is several days after the official Gigabyte release of the F8 bios on January 24th. Any thoughts here?

Also, I just wanted to say thanks to a great community; this build was easier than I was expecting thanks to the wealth of information provided by the users and Tonymacx86. Take care!

PJALM's DSDT edits for this board don't work on F8 and F9a (current beta) BIOSes. Since PJALM isn't maintaining these anymore, I wouldn't except them to be updated anytime soon. F8 made some large changes to the DSDT structure and the current patches don't compile properly on them.

You can use Toleda's Audio/HDMI audio edits if you want HDMI audio and onboard audio without using HDAEnabler1.kext. Those edits still work as their more generic to the 8-series chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back