ati 5650 / ati 6990m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,
I m a happy owner of os x on m ga-p55a-ud6 but there are some things must to be solved so I need your help.

a.1) I own two graphic cards.An ati 5850 (non os x friendly) and an gigabyte 9500gt 1gb (os x friendly boughted for that reason).When I had graphics enabler to yes or nvenabler the ati's fan was spinning like airplane's jet.I solved by editing dsdt table according to Tony's helpful guide.So now this problem solved and the fan reduced speed to bearable level but... I cannot have dual screen from my 9500gt.Since I read on blog that there's no solution yet I will wait unless anybody can help on this.Is there any solution?

a.2)I have plugged 9500gt to peg1 (x16) pcie-slot and 5850 to the peg2 (x8) pcie-slot.Now both of them turned to x8 because according to mobo's manual there's a bandwidth limitation to that combination.I wish to put the 9500gt to peg3 (x4) and the ati 5850 to peg1 (x16) slot since I don't need 9500gt for heavy duty works.What should I change to dsdt or other things to make this work (I tried change slots but it couldn't boot to graphics mode)

b)After installing voodooenabler (it is the only that gives me sound) and modify my dsdt adding hdef from Tony's dsdt fixes to my dsdt table in "about this mac" I get audio id 889.Before editing dsdt table I was getting 885.I get sound from my front panel (but I changed the front panel connection to the mobo from HD to ac89).When I unplug ati 5850 in sound preferences/output I have line-out (green rear) and sound from my rear output green.But with ati 5850 on this option it turns to digital-out (hdmi) and loosing my rear output.Why?What can I do to fully disable 5850 (if has something to do with that) to get back my rear-output?

c)Except from my sata disk's I have installed an old Ide hdd and dvd-rom wich are not recognized by os x.Jumber's are set to Cable Select,in my e/e there's Jmikron36xATA.kext and the connection cable is that provided by gigabyte.What I m doing wrong?(In win 7 I see both of them.)

d)When I was using nvenabler I was having reduced cpu-bus speed.But with graphics enabler to yes or edited dsdt I m getting the wright values.The only problem(?) now is that I m getting ram speed to 1666 instead of 1333 or something which is for i5 750.Does it matter?Is there a solution?

I upload my modified dsdt (9500gt and alc889 modification included) and some screen shots zipped in a file.
Hardly waiting for some answers.......

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    19.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Archive.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
leondas said:
b)After installing voodooenabler (it is the only that gives me sound) and modify my dsdt adding hdef from Tony's dsdt fixes to my dsdt table in "about this mac" I get audio id 889.Before editing dsdt table I was getting 885.
Oops you found a mistake, 889 is the correct ID. :oops:

Thanks for finding it, I will check the others and fix and repost as necessary.

MacMan said:
leondas said:
b)After installing voodooenabler (it is the only that gives me sound) and modify my dsdt adding hdef from Tony's dsdt fixes to my dsdt table in "about this mac" I get audio id 889.Before editing dsdt table I was getting 885.
Oops you found a mistake, 889 is the correct ID. :oops:

Thanks for finding it, I will check the others and fix and repost as necessary.

don't worry about the mistake - I have learned many things from you and I can contribute to your lovely project by little.Thank you for learning me so much.Now waiting for the other answers (if there are any).My biggest problem is to change slot to 9500gt(I prefer to put it to the last one pci3 x4)

For question a2:

I guess you'll just need to tweak the address info for the 9500 card for the new slot 4.
See this post for info http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=617&start=0

You might need to put the ATI card in that slot, so that you can "detect" it and get the slot address whilst being able to boot and use OSX with the 9500 card still in it's current location, then swop cards around to their final positions after edit the DSDT.

(I use the "GetDevProp" app to find pci slot info, but there are other ways like gfxutil command).

humph said:
For question a2:

I guess you'll just need to tweak the address info for the 9500 card for the new slot 4.
See this post for info http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=617&start=0

You might need to put the ATI card in that slot, so that you can "detect" it and get the slot address whilst being able to boot and use OSX with the 9500 card still in it's current location, then swop cards around to their final positions after edit the DSDT.

(I use the "GetDevProp" app to find pci slot info, but there are other ways like gfxutil command).

this is what I got from gfxutil PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0).What changes should I make to DSDT now that my 9500gt is connected to peg3 (pcie3 slot) to make it work?(I have booted with tony boot cd)
p.s. before i was getting PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Attachments

• gfxutil.tiff
    27.5 KB · Views: 246
  • gfxutil peg3 no ati.tiff
    28.9 KB · Views: 245
leondas said:
Hello everyone,
I m a happy owner of os x on m ga-p55a-ud6 but there are some things must to be solved so I need your help.

a.1) I own two graphic cards.An ati 5850 (non os x friendly) and an gigabyte 9500gt 1gb (os x friendly boughted for that reason).When I had graphics enabler to yes or nvenabler the ati's fan was spinning like airplane's jet.I solved by editing dsdt table according to Tony's helpful guide.So now this problem solved and the fan reduced speed to bearable level but... I cannot have dual screen from my 9500gt.Since I read on blog that there's no solution yet I will wait unless anybody can help on this.Is there any solution? <-----------solved

a.2)I have plugged 9500gt to peg1 (x16) pcie-slot and 5850 to the peg2 (x8) pcie-slot.Now both of them turned to x8 because according to mobo's manual there's a bandwidth limitation to that combination.I wish to put the 9500gt to peg3 (x4) and the ati 5850 to peg1 (x16) slot since I don't need 9500gt for heavy duty works.What should I change to dsdt or other things to make this work (I tried change slots but it couldn't boot to graphics mode) <-----------solved

b)After installing voodooenabler (it is the only that gives me sound) and modify my dsdt adding hdef from Tony's dsdt fixes to my dsdt table in "about this mac" I get audio id 889.Before editing dsdt table I was getting 885.I get sound from my front panel (but I changed the front panel connection to the mobo from HD to ac89).When I unplug ati 5850 in sound preferences/output I have line-out (green rear) and sound from my rear output green.But with ati 5850 on this option it turns to digital-out (hdmi) and loosing my rear output.Why?What can I do to fully disable 5850 (if has something to do with that) to get back my rear-output?

c)Except from my sata disk's I have installed an old Ide hdd and dvd-rom wich are not recognized by os x.Jumber's are set to Cable Select,in my e/e there's Jmikron36xATA.kext and the connection cable is that provided by gigabyte.What I m doing wrong?(In win 7 I see both of them.)

d)When I was using nvenabler I was having reduced cpu-bus speed.But with graphics enabler to yes or edited dsdt I m getting the wright values.The only problem(?) now is that I m getting ram speed to 1666 instead of 1333 or something which is for i5 750.Does it matter?Is there a solution?

I upload my modified dsdt (9500gt and alc889 modification included) and some screen shots zipped in a file.
Hardly waiting for some answers.......

anyone for helping me with b-c-d question????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back