Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi

I did the DSDT mod as described and it is working with my 6870. I noticed on Netkas's blog the post about using ATY_Init for the 6870.

If I want to use ATY_Init, how do I do this? Do I install the ATY_Init kext to system/library/extension or to the /extras folder?

Also, do i use an unmodified version of Boot with graphicsenabler=yes or no?

thanks for the help

What DSDT mod did you do to get your 6870 working? Do DVD/Geekbench/Steam work? I'm using the new Chimera with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I can't get these programs to work, even though bdmesg shows that Chimera is setting the Duckweed framebuffer. Only luck I have had was using ATY_Init. Even tried converting the 6800 series properties in the info.plist from ATY_Init to a device properties/ EFI string using gfxutil, but no luck in that either.

The Edge3000 said:
What DSDT mod did you do to get your 6870 working? Do DVD/Geekbench/Steam work? I'm using the new Chimera with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I can't get these programs to work, even though bdmesg shows that Chimera is setting the Duckweed framebuffer. Only luck I have had was using ATY_Init. Even tried converting the 6800 series properties in the info.plist from ATY_Init to a device properties/ EFI string using gfxutil, but no luck in that either.

Hi

Everything was working, including Steam, DVD and Geekbench with the DSDT patch and modified Boot file. Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15798

BUT, i installed ATY_init last night after the post above with the latest ATI drivers from the Macbook Pro updates and its working without DSDT mods, Chimera or GraphicsEnabler. Please keep in mind if you need Sandybridge your best bet is Chimera with ATY_init or Chimera on its own (i havent tried this as a standalone yet and cannot help with the issue you have.)

look at this post from Netkas for the updated ATRY_init file: http://netkas.org/?p=798

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back