GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I had a working hackintosh and installed the latest Yosemite 10.10.5 combo update. After installing I ran Multibeast like I've done a million times after a combo update but this time selected a custom DSDT file I had on my desktop (not sure why - wasn't thinking).

Now I get a kernel panic when I boot and can only get into my Hackintosh using safe mode. How do I backout the installation of that DSDT file and just get back to a clean boot like I used to have?

Steve

I'd recommend getting a DSDT from the downloads/DSDT section. Are you using Graphics injection for your Graphics card? Also if you aren't sure on what bios version you have then go into your bios and hit F9 for System Information. Make sure your DSDT is matching the bios version.

Okay so I tried that (above) and I still get the same fatal error when trying to boot. The only way I can get into my Hackintosh is to boot with the DSDT=nothing flag. See the pic for the error message. Any other ideas to get me up and running again?

Attachments

• IMG_7524.jpg
    IMG_7524.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 51
Hi Guys,

Just a bump on this one. I can still only boot with DSDT=nothing - is there a way to remove the DSDT I installed using Multibeast and start again?

Steve

Remove the DSDT from the Extra folder.

Thanks for the help guys. I think I've worked out what's really going on. I used to use Chameleon as my boot loaders, but now when I boot it's back to booting via Chimea. How do I get it to go back to using Chameleon?

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back