Contribute
Register

DSDT from .ROM file instead of extracted's one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Gene
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Radeon RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'd like to know how better or not it would be to work on an updated rom file rather than an extracted bios.

Would it have more options as proposed in bios even if those are disabled ?

Thanks for providing any constructive answer.

I know what a DSDT.aml is, it's just that if I have to extract my bios I'd have to get back on a Windows session instead of reading an up to date bios file from Asus ' web site which is in .rom extension. By the way, I know DSDT Editor didn't read the .ROM file but I did it by the past, I can't remember how ...

It's just a question of laziness actually, maybe pragmatism.

Olivier75009 said:
I know what a DSDT.aml is, it's just that if I have to extract my bios I'd have to get back on a Windows session instead of reading an up to date bios file from Asus ' web site which is in .rom extension. By the way, I know DSDT Editor didn't read the .ROM file but I did it by the past, I can't remember how ...

It's just a question of laziness actually, maybe pragmatism.
Oh i see...i misunderstood, sorry.

Please have a look there -> http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1361

You mean something like that?

Actually, I was looking for something directly usable under OS X.
Nevertheless, I made my bios update this way (I won't precise all the stuff) :
(Before all : CCC)
Update bios
Boot Windows - extract and patch DSDT.aml - copy it to Extra folder of OS X via MacDrive
1 - Try booting but stuck on apple boot screen (PCIRootUID, -f, -x all the stuffs) : no way.
2 - downgrade bios - boot on CCC partition - MultiBeast on original partition
3 - update bios (each time before update I F5 bios' config, update reboot and reconfig)
4 - Try to boot each way I can without any success : stuck on hanging wheel.

I then reinstall 10.6.3, 10.6.8 and gonna upgrade to Lion : may I directly transfer all my OS X Lion with Apple's transfer assistant ?

EDIT : I think amitools reads and transforms .rom to .dsl on Windows' session, that you can do with Parallels or whatever, instead of booting a real Windows' session.

EDIT 2 : Migration assistant after upgrade to Lion. 'Sick'

The results :

1 - After Migration Assistant : really heavy stuff, I had to rename the folder under Windows to have the right folder to the proprietary account.

2 - Launching MultiBeast (UserDSDT) right after migration : it doesn't boot.

Actually it's the exactly same problem that's indicated there.

3 - Launching MultiBeast (without UserDSDT) right after migration : it boots OK.

I then only reinstall Audio, did some KextUtility ...

As my geek bench and cinebench are lower than before after bios update, I'd rather make a new MultiBeast with DSDT and all the things I already have, but not sure about the results.

Concerning the Migration Assistant : it sucks as Time Machine and the restoration process under Win7. Rights' problems ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back