Contribute
Register

DSDT for MSI Z77MA-G45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need to delete the \Extras\DSDT.aml before extracting the new one?

The recommendation is install the new BIOS, extract the dsdt, edit the dsdt, install the dsdt. You can use an older dsdt on a newer BIOS, not the opposite. In the situation you describe, likely using the 1.40 dsdt with the 1.60 BIOS will have the same USB3 problem as the 1.40 BIOS.

Thanks Toleda. I flashed 1.60 BIOS w/o changing DSDT as a first test. The front panel USB 3.0 is working, but only with USB 3 devices, USB 2.0 devices are not recognized. Also, my system now does not wake from Sleep. This was the same before I had before using a DSDT. Tomorrow I will try to extract, manually fix errors, and apply patches to a new DSDT.

Thanks Toleda. I flashed 1.60 BIOS w/o changing DSDT as a first test. The front panel USB 3.0 is working, but only with USB 3 devices, USB 2.0 devices are not recognized. Also, my system now does not wake from Sleep. This was the same before I had before using a DSDT. Tomorrow I will try to extract, manually fix errors, and apply patches to a new DSDT.
If there is a dsdt anywhere on the disk you boot with, Chimera will find it. Two choices:
1. Delete Extra/dsdt,aml and boot with UniBeast
2. At boot prompt, enter DSDT=Null.
Verify no dsdt edits are present in IOReg and extract native dsdt.

I booted with DSDT=Null and extracted a native DSDT, fixed errors, manually fixed warnings/remarks, manually added DGTP method, applied HDMI audio patch, installed the DSDT, and rebooted. I have the behavior:

1) Won't wake from sleep (tries to wake, but is unresponsive)
2) USB 3 ports work for USB 3 devices, but not for USB 2 devices (they don't show up)
3) HWMonitor.app is not working (has never worked for me)
4) itunes HD movies fail to play because of HDCP (my TV is HDCP compliant)

I'm not sure how to fix any of the above problems. I will continue to research and see if I can find a way to fix any of them.

I booted with DSDT=Null and extracted a native DSDT, fixed errors, manually fixed warnings/remarks, manually added DGTP method, applied HDMI audio patch, installed the DSDT, and rebooted. I have the behavior:

1) Won't wake from sleep (tries to wake, but is unresponsive)
2) USB 3 ports work for USB 3 devices, but not for USB 2 devices (they don't show up)
3) HWMonitor.app is not working (has never worked for me)
4) itunes HD movies fail to play because of HDCP (my TV is HDCP compliant)

I'm not sure how to fix any of the above problems. I will continue to research and see if I can find a way to fix any of them.
Problems 2, 3 and 4 have anything to do with audio. Don't know why you made any manual changes to your dsdt; a mistake could break sleep. However, 3rd party kexts are more often the cause of sleep problems.

Problems 2, 3 and 4 have anything to do with audio. Don't know why you made any manual changes to your dsdt; a mistake could break sleep. However, 3rd party kexts are more often the cause of sleep problems.

I was following this thread to manually fix the DSDT warnings/remarks and add DTGP:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/60096-guide-extract-fix-dsdt-msi-z77a-g43.html

I noticed your HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit has a ami_clean_compile.txt patch. I will try using this patch instead of manually fixing the warnings/remarks. Also, looks like hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt will add DTGP, so I can try to do everything with patches.

Sleep appears to be broken with modified bios 1.6 (it was broken before and after DSDT), sleep works with bios 1.4, but USB 3 is broken.

I'm having the same issues as you. I can either have one or the other;

#1 - Use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and USB 3.0 ports work %100, but no sleep

or

#2 - use custom Bios 1.4 and sleep works %100, but the USB 3.0 ports freeze my system

:(

So close.....

Not DSDT-related but there's a setting in the BIOS that seems to allow USB 3.0 port function without hanging on boot or freezing and sleep/wake still works fine for me.

In "USB Configuration" I set "Legacy USB Support" to [Disabled] and my keyboard, mouse and bluetooth adapter work in the USB 3 ports without problem, though my flash drive and SD card reader do nothing, not even light up. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices so I can't test if it's really 3.0 but it's better than it was. I wonder if I'll ever miss not having legacy support.

Not DSDT-related but there's a setting in the BIOS that seems to allow USB 3.0 port function without hanging on boot or freezing and sleep/wake still works fine for me.

In "USB Configuration" I set "Legacy USB Support" to [Disabled] and my keyboard, mouse and bluetooth adapter work in the USB 3 ports without problem, though my flash drive and SD card reader do nothing, not even light up. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices so I can't test if it's really 3.0 but it's better than it was. I wonder if I'll ever miss not having legacy support.

Which Bios are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back