Contribute
Register

DSDT for Gygabyte EP45-UD3P

Status
Not open for further replies.
The enclosed DSDT is from a EP45-UD3P with version F10 Bios. (note. rev 1.1 mobo)
It was created from a vanilla dsdt then patched.

The hackintosh is currently running Snow Leopard and if I get some time, I'll try Lion and let you know how it goes.

The machine is a Dual Core Duo 3GHz with 4GB RAM, dual boot SL/Win7 on 2 SATA 1TB WD Caviar Black drives, Card reader, SATA DVD Writer, Nvidia 9800 GTX+

Sleeps, shutdown, ethernet, USB, App store and TimeMachine all work fine.
The only kexts installed are FakeSMC and ALC8xxxHDA to enable full support of the on board HD audio. Under Snow Leopard this DSDT has worked out just great for me.
If you want the other SATA Controller ports then add the JMicron36xxSATA Kext and they are recognized as well. [OK so I must have also had the AppleHDA Rollback kext installed!]

Maybe it will give you at least a starting point.

SL was installed using the standard iBoot, Retail Disk and MultiBeast with User DSDT installation method. Chameleon is used as the boot loader. Machine has been rock solid for a year.

[UPDATE] OK, so it took longer to add another disk for testing than it took UniBeast to install Lion 10.7.1 from USB - That is one awesome utility!!!
So the good news is it all boots up, sleeps, shutsdown etc.
Needed to add the following drivers from MultiBeast 4.1
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
3rdPartySATA
Realtek Gig Ethernet

TimeMachine seems to be ok, not actually run a backup but no complaints in the console and I can open the App store.
Last thing to try in an update to 10.7.2 and then maybe use it for a while and see if it is stable.

[Update 2]
Installed the 10.7.2 Combo update and sleep is really quick!! Everything else seems to work after a quick check and reinstalling the AppleHDA Rollback kext
Note after the initial install and also the combo update, the BIOS gave me a boot error. Just told it to reboot using last known good setting and never got the error again during shutdown, sleep etc. Just seems to be on install and upgrade.

Anyway, will try it on and off for a while and maybe make the move for good to Lion!

Hope the DSDT proves useful for those at least with a Rev 1.1 mobo!

Horse

Thank you very much Horse, it worked like a charm. The only thing you could mention in your original post is that you also need to install "Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81x" in multibeast.

Do I need the "JMicron36xxSATA Kext, I only see JMicron36xATA Kext in Multibeast. What do you mean by the other SATA ports. Do I need this installed to add another hard drive?

Thanks Horse & tony mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back