Graphics
2x XFX ATI 5870 with Crossfire Bridge
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am looking to build another Hackintosh, centered around the GA-H55-USB3 rev. 2 motherboard. The current BIOS version is F7, but on the DSDT database the hightest version is F6.

So should downgrade the BIOS to F6, or should I just use the F6 DSDT file with the F7 BIOS?

Dr. Who? said:
I am looking to build another Hackintosh, centered around the GA-H55-USB3 rev. 2 motherboard. The current BIOS version is F7, but on the DSDT database the hightest version is F6.

So should downgrade the BIOS to F6, or should I just use the F6 DSDT file with the F7 BIOS?
If you extract F7 and post it here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4463 I will edit and add to database.

So if I were to get the GA-H55-USB3 and it already come with the F7 BIOS would I then:

1. Enter BIOS setup
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. Set SATA to AHCI
4. Set HPET to 64 bit
5. Save to CMOS
6. Install OS X
7. Download the F6 DSDT file to my desktop
8. Install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and LegacyAppleRTC.kext + System Utilities using MultiBeast
9. Restart OS X
10. Download DSDTSE
11. Then under Tools, Extract DSDT

Dr. Who? said:
So if I were to get the GA-H55-USB3 and it already come with the F7 BIOS would I then:

1. Enter BIOS setup
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. Set SATA to AHCI
4. Set HPET to 64 bit
5. Save to CMOS
6. Install OS X
7. Download the F6 DSDT file to my desktop
8. Install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and LegacyAppleRTC.kext + System Utilities using MultiBeast
9. Restart OS X
10. Download DSDTSE
11. Then under Tools, Extract DSDT
The best method to extract a DSDT is using a Linux Live Boot disc.

It is usually safe to use a DSDT one version older until the new DSDT is available.

Please forgive my ignorance, I am new at this. So instead of doing what I outline above, I should just:

"1. Download Ubuntu Live CD from Ubuntu web site
2. Burn and boot from CD. Choose the 1st option, run without installing.
3. You will be in the Ubuntu desktop as user ubuntu with a home folder of /home/ubuntu.
4. From top menu bar, select Accessories (System) launch terminal and type:

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > ~/dsdt.aml

Now you'll have it in your home folder.

5. You can save the file to a USB flash drive and transfer to machine to upload here."

Would I have to make any changes to BIOS before I boot off the Ubuntu Live CD?

Dr. Who? said:
Please forgive my ignorance, I am new at this. So instead of doing what I outline above, I should just:

"1. Download Ubuntu Live CD from Ubuntu web site
2. Burn and boot from CD. Choose the 1st option, run without installing.
3. You will be in the Ubuntu desktop as user ubuntu with a home folder of /home/ubuntu.
4. From top menu bar, select Accessories (System) launch terminal and type:

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > ~/dsdt.aml

Now you'll have it in your home folder.

5. You can save the file to a USB flash drive and transfer to machine to upload here."

Would I have to make any changes to BIOS before I boot off the Ubuntu Live CD?
No, just install the new version. Load Optimized Defaults. Configure the BIOS like you would for OS X. Then follow the extraction steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back