Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus P8Z77-M Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus P8Z77-M Pro • DSDT for UEFI v1708 • Intel USB 3.0 backwards compatible with 2.0/1.0 devices
This DSDT has the following patches:

• Fixed errors & warnings
  • HDMI audio for AMD, and Nvidia GPUs (Patch by Toleda)
  • HID para CID (Fixes power button)
  • RTC (Prevents CMOS resets)
  • Shutdown (Fixes shutdown issues)
  • SMBUS (Allows needed Apple kexts to load)
  • Reworked Intel USB 3.0 multiplexing to work like Apples IvyBridge Mac's (Created by Mieze)

you take the patches from www.olarila.com don't you? did you take the desktop/shutdown or the misc/shutdown asus? and what patches are mean with Fixed errors & warnings? and did your pc sleeps without the usb3.0 support?

Robert,

Both your patched DSDT's don't work for me; the USB3 Fix Ivy Bridge DSDT and nor the DSDT without USB3-fix. Awake from sleep is gone when insert them into Clover. When delete DSDT and delete DSDT-entries in config.plist system will awake from sleep. Could my Sandy Bridge i2500K and ATI 5770 have something to do with it?! There is also a SSDT for i2500K in /EFI/ACPI/patched/
My current config.plist;
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>EnableC6</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>EnableC4</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>EnableC2</key>
	       <string>Yes</string>
	</dict>
	<key>CPU</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Turbo</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>iCloudFix</key>
		<string>No</string>
		<key>boot-args</key>
		<string>-v MountEFI=Yes slide=0</string>
		<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>LegacyBoot</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KernelCpu</key>
		<string>No</string>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<string>No</string>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<string>No</string>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<dict>
			<key>0</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>QVBQTEUgU1NE</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAAAAAA</data>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>FBName</key>
		<string>Vervet</string>
		<key>LoadVBios</key>
		<string>No</string>
		<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Find</key>
			<data>gAeoAqAF</data>
			<key>Replace</key>
			<data>gAeoAjgE</data>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Pointer</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Enable</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>Speed</key>
		<string>8</string>
		<key>DoubleClickTime</key>
		<string>500</string>
	</dict>
	<key>PCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>HDAInjection</key>
		<string>No</string>
		<key>USBInjection</key>
		<string>No</string>
		<key>USBFixOwnership</key>
		<string>No</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Volumes</key>
	<dict>
		<key>HideDuplicatedBootTarget</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

you take the patches from www.olarila.com don't you? did you take the desktop/shutdown or the misc/shutdown asus? and what patches are mean with Fixed errors & warnings? and did your pc sleeps without the usb3.0 support?

Yes the patches are included with the DSDT Editor download and located in /DSDT Editor/Patches/Desktop. To fix errors and warnings your best best is to use Toleda's HDMI audio patching kit. He includes a patch that will fix errors and warning when trying to compile a stock/vanilla DSDT.

The information below is also from Mieze, and should be helpful. This was given to me, when I first started learning how to patch a DSDT.

Hello Robert,

No problem. As ASUS, Asrock, Gigabyte and MSI are all using some kind of AMI BIOS for their mainboards with series 7 chipsets they all have a lot of things in common. Usually the DSDTs for series 7 chipsets requires less patching than those of previous generations. Before you start you should get a copy of the ACPI specification because it is a valuable resource of information: http://www.acpi.info/DOWNLOADS/ACPIspec50.pdf

First step after extracting the vanilla DSDT is to correct the errors. Try to compile the DSDT and when the dialog with the error messages is displayed press the "Fix errors" button. Unfortunately this doesn't correct all errors so that you will have to fix the remaining errors manually but DSDT Editor comes with a number of patches for most problems which can be found inside the "Patches" folder. Here are some common problems and how to resolve them:

1) "Result is not used, possible operator timeout will be missed" -> Use patch "Possible operator timeout is ignores.txt".

2) "Use of compiler reserved name (_T_0)" or "Use of compiler reserved name (_T_1)" -> Use patch "_T_x rename.txt" from folder Patches/Desktop.

3) "Not all control paths return a value (_HID)" and "Reserved method must return a value (Integer/String required for _HID)" -> The method in question is required to return a result in any case but it's implementation doesn't conform to this requirement. To get rid of these kind of warnings add "Return (Zero)" to the end of the method. Here is an example of what you'll have to do. The following method will produce the waring I mentioned:

Code:
       Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
       {
           If (TCMF) {}
           Else
           {
               Return (0x310CD041)
           }
       }

It can be resolved by changing the method to:

Code:
       Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
       {
           If (TCMF) {}
           Else
           {
               Return (0x310CD041)
           }
           Return (Zero)
       }

4) Errors like "_HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH)" are also very common. Let's have a look at the line of code which caused it:

Code:
Name (_HID, "ABCDEFGH")

Obviously "G" and "H" are no hex digits but the compiler expects the value to be a valid hex number. Fix it by replacing the them by any hex digits (0-9, A-F). In most cases the value doesn't matter as long as it unique. For example:

Code:
Name (_HID, "ABCDEF01")

5) "ResourceTag larger than Field (Tag: 64 bits, Field: 32 bits)" will be caused by lines like that:

Code:
CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0F._LEN, MSLN)

The problem is that "CreateDWordField" creates a 32-Bit field and tries to store a 64-Bit value in it but the field and the value should match in size. Change it to:

Code:
CreateQWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0F._LEN, MSLN)

There might be similar issues with different combinations of value size and field size which can be resolved in the same way. For further information see sections 19.5.18 - 19.5.23 of the ACPI specification.

In case you don't succeed in correcting all the errors feel free to contact me again.

Once you got an error-free DSDT you can start adding the patches for OS X from the folder "Patches/Desktop". Here is a minimal set of patches for series 7 chipsets:

1) "DTGP.txt": Adds method DTGP which is essential for injection of device properties.
2) "SMBUS.txt": Adds device BUS0 to device SBUS.
3) "LPC SANDYBRIDGE.txt"
4) "HID para CID.txt": Without this patch you won't be able to use the power button to send the machine to sleep / wake it up.
5) In order to get working audio and onboard graphics you'll have to apply toleda's patches for http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/62880-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-hd4000.html. Apply the patch even if you won't use onboard graphics because it's the best way to get fully working audio support but don't forget to select the proper layout-id for your board's codec.

Good Luck!

Mieze / Laura

...Could my Sandy Bridge i2500K and ATI 5770 have something to do with it?! There is also a SSDT for i2500K in /EFI/ACPI/patched/...

I don't know if your CPU is causing the issue or not? You might want to make sure your SSDT is named/labeled correctly. Extract DSDT with Clover at main menu by pressings F4 key. Then look in /EFI/ACPI/original/ to see what SSDT name is the right one for Power Management. For example it could be SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml and so on. I have to rename my SSDT to SSDT-2.aml.

Your best bet for help with Clover setup is to head over to www.osx86.net or www.insanelymac.com. There are allot of advanced users over there. (I'll be more inclined to help there also ;)) just want to try and keep the thread on topic and focused on DSDT for P8Z77-M Pro.:)

I was confused by your post, and how its reads. Does my DSDT work for you with Clover? It is however clear from your post that Chimera and my DSDT cause issues.

Your best bet for help with Clover setup is to head over to www.osx86.net or www.insanelymac.com. There are allot of advanced users over there. (I'll be more inclined to help there also ;)) just want to try and keep the thread on topic and focused on DSDT for P8Z77-M Pro.:)

Okay! Actually I was reading through these topics. I'll dig a bit further.

I was confused by your post, and how its reads. Does my DSDT work for you with Clover? It is however clear from your post that Chimera and my DSDT cause issues.

Nope they don't work, that's what I meant. Both DSDT don't work with USB3- and without USB3-patch. Hack won't wake!

Okay! Actually I was reading through these topics. I'll dig a bit further.

Nope they don't work, that's what I meant. Both DSDT don't work with USB3- and without USB3-patch. Hack won't awake!

Your using a Sandy Bridge CPU, I wonder if you need the LPC Sandy Bridge Patch? Just think aloud.

i extracted my dsdt and start with compieling it and the DSDT Editor finds no problems could that be or did i make a mistake?
did the editor extracts your dsdt file while my mac is working on it ?

ok i find out myself that it extracted the dsdt that runs.:crazy:

hey i have start patching my dsdt and the normal errors are gone now thanks #23 was very helpful and all i needed so thanks to Mieze too.
i am playing
with the other patches you are writing about, but when i compile it after SMBUS patch i get an error with DTGP i have find a patch that fix it did you had the same problem?

edit : i have read more carefully
:banghead:

I get an error with DTGP i have find a patch that fix it did you had the same problem?

If you install the Toleda HDMI audio patch, it will add the DTGP patch, otherwise you will have to use DTGP.txt patch from DSDT Editor.

Hope that helps.

PS. I'm happy your attempting to patch your own DSDT. Its a great skill set to learn, knowledge is power. :) Plus everytime a new UEFI/Bios update is released you will not have to wait for someone else to patch for you. You will be much ahead of the game.

Good job! If you need help just ask!

Mrengles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back