Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello..
i'm goingo to complete the installation of Lion on my PC with Uni/MultiBeast.. but i can't find anywhere the DSDT for my mainboard... could i have some problem with it?
Or i can proceed with installation without DSDT file??

After install multibeast.. what can i do? Is complete the installation or i need to run some other program to fix the Lion boot??
Regards
Chris

You can use the EasyBeast install method if you don't have a DSDT and it will work fine. Or you can follow this guide and create a DSDT for your board - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559.

Good luck,
nomad9

mm i will try..
but what's the differenxe between multibeast and easybeast?
i'm following the guide with unibeast and the multi.. i don't see anywhere guides with easybeast..

So is not recommended to use multibeast without dsdt.. right?
Thnx

easybeast is an option in Multibeast used for systems that won't have a DSDT. Should be the first option at the top of the list.

easybeast is the recommended alternative to the UserDSDT option and your system will run fine using the easybeast approach. It just uses some additional kexts that you may need to reinstall after an upgrade.

Hope that helps,

Sorry for question... i saw it during multibeast install... :oops:

But i had a 'crash'.. during multibeast installation about kernell (can't install or similar).
System ask me to hold power down and restart.. mmm.. did i wrong something?

2nd neewbie question: so if i understand right.. easybeast will install all peripherical drivers, right? because at the end of Lion installation my system don't recognize ethernet, audio.. etc..

thnx so much again ;)

UPDATE:
If i don't install Multibeast, Lion reboot without any problem.. but if i install unibeast, system not reboot.. i must re-install Lion again so i can reboot..
How can i solve this problem?
(I install unibeast only.. no one other flag)

Please help!!! :cry:

UPDATE 2:
Re-installed Lion.. follow the DSDT guide without problem... go with multibeast to install DSDT file... reboot...
And sistem freeze on Apple screen logo with not-rolling wheel...

If i start in verbose mode..
after a lot of error lines with "failed to load kext xxx2.. / BoothCacheControl: Unable to open...." and many other errors..
everything stop with line "nstat_lookup_entry failed:2"..

Could be an hdd error all this?
****!!!!

When you use easybeast you still need to select the kext for audio, network, etc. Easybeast doesn't install all those automagically. Follow step 4 in the unibeast install and that should get you close. You'll need to know what type of audio your mobo runs. The third party SATA kext is part of this step.

Well.. but i tried to install only DSDT without unibeast. .and it still don't reload ..

If multibeast don't install automatically kext.. why if i reboot after installation it don't reboot..
but if i reboot a clean Lion (without any kext) it start..

So.. i must (after a new clean Lion installation) install unibeast with 'easybeast option' flags and the necessary kext in the window behind that option.. right?

my question is why system don't reboot with dsdt too..

Check my signature below for Snake's custom DSDT guide. It's rather easy to make and recommended for ASUS boards.

chiccozapp said:
Well.. but i tried to install only DSDT without unibeast. .and it still don't reload ..

If multibeast don't install automatically kext.. why if i reboot after installation it don't reboot..
but if i reboot a clean Lion (without any kext) it start..

So.. i must (after a new clean Lion installation) install unibeast with 'easybeast option' flags and the necessary kext in the window behind that option.. right?

my question is why system don't reboot with dsdt too..

Unibeast gets your system to boot and allows the installation of the OS to the hard drive. When you reboot after a clean install you still use Unibeast, which runs the bootloader and necessary kexts to get the system through a generic boot. This is why sound, ethernet and other things most likely won't work with Unibeast.

After your reboot - Step 4 in the Unibeast method - you run Multibeast where you select either easybeast or UserDSDT, and other system specific kexts - audio, ethernet, those items that aren't working are usually addressed at this point, and install the bootloader Chimera. This step enables the local hard disk to boot and fixes the board specific kexts that are missing from the Unibeast environment.

Not sure what is causing your DSDT install to fail. You'll have to boot with a -v option and see where the boot process halts.

@shibirian

I followed that guide to create my own DSDT file for my ASUS P5K-SE motherboard.. that's why i'm asking why my system don't reboot after easybeast..
First installation was made with 'install unibeast' flag and don't worked..
Second with only DSDT load and it don't work too..
Now i try to reinstall Lion and patch with 'install easybeast' flags and the necessary kext from the menu behind..i hope it reboot..

if not i will write the last lines during the "-v boot"..
Cross the fingers..and reinstall :D

PS: If i edit DSDT file and load in multibeast.. i don't need to check the flags in menu.. right?
Because if i go on dsdt load without any other flag till the end my system don't reboot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back