Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a full SLOW format in Windows has helped me getting some of my drives working.

why slow? i tested it, and the drive works like in specs : 24 write/75 read.

why slow? i tested it, and the drive works like in specs : 24 write/75 read.

No No No, I meant slow as in a FULL drive format. In windows 7 when you untick "quick format" it takes forever (aka the slow) but it works wonders.

Guys!
everyone who has issues with youtube videos: there is new appleintelr1000e kext :http://www.mediafire.com/?r5s399ahtox5hbn.
works perfectly now! install with kext utility, with kextbeast didn't work.

p.s. my usb3.0 drive works now just fine, after formating in macos (hfs+) too... strange:)

I just installed ML 10.8.1. Still booting up from unibeast ML 1.5.3 though and Youtube work flawlessly for me using Google Chrome.

Anyway, maybe you guys could help me out a bit. I have reinstalled ML 3 due to some issues after using Multibeast 5.0.2. I am not using DSDT.

The first time I would get a kernel panic and no matter what i tried (changing kernel, removing kexts, etc) I could not fix it. The second time I tried again and chose to install only audio, network and bootloader. After reboot, i didnt get a kernel panic. However ML gets stuck after the apple logo with the spinning wheel. I get a white/grey screen and stays there.

I'm using the latest vanilla BIOS version for the mobo, 1204.

Would you guys please help me? What kind of info do you need from me?

Mobo: Asus Maximus V gene
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
Vcard: EVGA GTX670 FTW
RAM: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9

Thanks in advance.

Guys!
everyone who has issues with youtube videos: there is new appleintelr1000e kext :http://www.mediafire.com/?r5s399ahtox5hbn.
works perfectly now! install with kext utility, with kextbeast didn't work.

I also had this issue, and vlc could not stay on an http channel, jumping to another one from a jump list as my ethernet would have lost signal for a micro second, and could not resolve it. I changed for that last hnak's ethernet driver and it resolved those issues ;)

I just installed ML 10.8.1. Still booting up from unibeast ML 1.5.3 though and Youtube work flawlessly for me using Google Chrome.

Anyway, maybe you guys could help me out a bit. I have reinstalled ML 3 due to some issues after using Multibeast 5.0.2. I am not using DSDT.

The first time I would get a kernel panic and no matter what i tried (changing kernel, removing kexts, etc) I could not fix it. The second time I tried again and chose to install only audio, network and bootloader. After reboot, i didnt get a kernel panic. However ML gets stuck after the apple logo with the spinning wheel. I get a white/grey screen and stays there.

I'm using the latest vanilla BIOS version for the mobo, 1204.

Would you guys please help me? What kind of info do you need from me?

Mobo: Asus Maximus V gene
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
Vcard: EVGA GTX670 FTW
RAM: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9

Thanks in advance.

welcome to the forum :)

first off are you using the modified bios or stock bios ?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository.html

secondly try and boot with -v and post a screenshot of the boot error

Thank you, glad to be here.

Im using stock BIOS. I thought about flashing to modded BIOS but i wasn't sure how it would affect my windows partition. It looks like that i will be flashing to modded BIOS as it DOES NOT affect windows.

Now I am able to boot into ML thanks to Unibeast pendrive. However it takes really long to boot even though Im using a 120Gb SSD.

My problem happens whenever I use Multibeast 5.0.2. On my last try I installed Easybeast, NO DSDT ALC898, hnak's AppleinterE1 and bootloader chimera. After reboot, i will get the apple logo with the spinning wheel and a white screen and it would remain stuck there.

So with my current installation I haven't used Multibeast yet.

What should I do with ML after flashing the mobo?
Should I use Multibeast? if yes, which kexts should I use?
Do I need to use a DSDT file?
I wanna boot from the SSD directly, do I use chimera or Chameleon?
Anything else that I may be overlooking?

Thanks in advance

Just make shure that nullcpupower isent in your s/l/e folder.
Other then that then I'd recommen you to try and just install chaimera and intel LAN first
just to make shure that you can boot and have network

Also for boot errors then we can't really help when you say "stuck at gray screen"
So please boot with -v and post a screenshot of the error here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back