Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yodaoh said:
@HeavyArms

If you want a hassel free motherboard, I suggest you get a gigabyte motherboard,
asus motherboard need one extra patching compare to gigabyte board.

I want to take advantage of the features and size of this board, its pretty boss for it's size, no?

@yodaoh i can confirm that the dvdplayer works nicely on my build.

so does app store and iCloud here.

but do note that I'm still not using the dsdt file yet, hopefully i can find some time to work on my hack this weekend

@HeavyArms yah it's pretty boss, but it has also been a trouble laden way to get to where yodaoh and i are today :)

I can't seem to get osx to post. I have tried unibeast 1.3 or 1.4 with 10.7.4 through a usb powered usb hub. Any advice?

Have you checked the bilos screenshots and made shure that you have the same settings?

And do you use the lavest bios?

And have you tryed to make a complete install of windows and check for hardware issues?

AngelFox said:
Have you checked the bilos screenshots and made shure that you have the same settings?

And do you use the lavest bios?

And have you tryed to make a complete install of windows and check for hardware issues?

I followed everything.

My bio is 903 x64.

have you used bridge helper on the usb drive ? to get a ivy bridge compatible kernel ?

I have installed bridgehelper onto the USB. Nothing shows up now.

So format usb, use unibeast 1.4 to install the osx to usb. Then bridgehelper 5.2 right?

Followed by bios changes and tried to install.

Nothing.

Ok let's go back to basics then :)

Check the following things.

1. Is your USB drive selectable as a boot option or detected in the bios?
2. Is your target drive connected to one of the 4 intel sata connectors and visible in the bios?
3. Are you Abel to install eiter *nix or windows on the hardware?
4. Have you tryed to use an alternate USB stick?
5. If you get to the boot loader then use -v as a boot flag and post a screenshot here that might be helpfull
6. Have you verified that there are no bad ram in your system or other semi faulty components?

System runs fine under windows.

So I got the USB working.

I used disk utility to format the drive to guid and mac journal.
Afterwards I installed 10.7.4
It won't boot up the drive. I would keep on giving me a error that there is no boot drive.
When I can select or boot right from the drive it just can't post and restarts.

**updated - attached a picture of the boot it stopped at.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 233
@tnhl1989

Make sure bios set
Asmedia storage controller to disable
Asmedia USB 3.0 to disable

If problem still exist try to use unibeast 1.3 and bridgehelper 4.01
u can use bridgehelper 5.0 to your osx driver after you get your system running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back