Contribute
Register

DSDT for Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you DL the last one's (PXHCD) as they are patched to work with our ASM1042 USB3 (vendor ID: 1b21, device ID: 1042) ? Look at your sys info to see if those informations are the same - it should actually.

The first time I installed those drivers, they were not patched with this IDs in the info.plist and I lost my bottom USB3 as well, but not my USB2 - DSDT patched.

Okay, so I followed these steps:
1) Deleted PHX Kext
2) Rebuilt Permissions/Caches
3)Rebooted -f
4) Installed New Kext and DSDT (And rebuilt P/C)
5) Rebooted -f
6) No Front USB2/3 or bottom USB.

Do I need to do something else to the kext? I don't understand why it's not working. lol.

Do not forget (even if you rebuild cache) to delete /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches (+ sudo touch S/L/E) before rebooting -f. When rebuilding cache, it appeared sometime to re-use my old kernel cache in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup, even when booting -f ! (really weird).

Hi! Is there a DSDT for bios 1604? I´ve installed the bios from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/ but cant find a DSDT for this. Is it even necessary? All seems to work, except audio and optical drive.

the thread has been deleted... could you please upload it here?

I now have Front (sometimes) USB2, but full USB3. But no back with the Lacie kext in MB.

To have the back USB 3 with the last LACIE kext, you have to boot with your USB 3 device plugged in. Then it will be recognized if you unplug / replug.

thank you! Do you have a DSDT?

I can give you my dsdt, but you know that you should make your own because of your bios configuration.

I give you the asus text file for patching your dsdt as well (Asmedia sata, intel chipset, hdmi audio, Asmedia usb 3.0 ...).

Attachments

• ASUS Maximus V Gene 2.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 332
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 201
Thats my old patch file, I will see what I can do about finishing my latest one with the USB3 fixes. I hav all USB3 ports working now including all usb2 deivecs (hdds, flash drives etc.) working int the Intel USB3 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back