Contribute
Register

DSDT for ASUS Maximus V Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep works with patches from PJALM's repo? Yes

Can you tell me what IRQs have GLAN and HPET devices?
GLAN: <1400000007000000>,<0200000000000100>
HPET: <0200000000000000>,<0800000000000000>,<0b00000000000000>,<0f00000000000000>

Also, how's your BIOS configured, at least what did you change from stock? The ram frequency from auto to 1600mhz and the processor clock speed in turbo mode from 3.9ghz to 4.1ghz

And what BIOS version you have? 1802

Do you have Asus combo board with Wi-Fi installed? No, I removed it, I use a usb wireless and bluetooth adapter.
Thanks. Looks like we are down to two differences between us, except for BIOS which I'll check today. But somehow your GLAN main IRQs is 14 and 02, while mine are 14 and 03. Can you also send me your unpatched DSDT (if you still have it, if you don't, send patched) and ioreg dump? I'll try to remove mine extension card and also will try to borrow GFX. I want to pin down this issue :) . I even studied ACPI specification's part about IRQ assignment for it :) . Thanks in advance.

PS. Before you patched DSDT, your front panel USB ports worked?

Thanks. Looks like we are down to two differences between us, except for BIOS which I'll check today. But somehow your GLAN main IRQs is 14 and 02, while mine are 14 and 03. Can you also send me your unpatched DSDT (if you still have it, if you don't, send patched) and ioreg dump? I'll try to remove mine extension card and also will try to borrow GFX. I want to pin down this issue :) . I even studied ACPI specification's part about IRQ assignment for it :) . Thanks in advance.

PS. Before you patched DSDT, your front panel USB ports worked?

No, my front panel worked after the patch.

ps: the dsdt is patched.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 179
  • ioreg.txt.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 114
Ok, thanks. Our DSDTs are completely identical (only several OperationRegions are different, but they change after BIOS upgrade and are also relative to RAM size; so redo your DSDT after BIOS update, because you can have almost every glitch possible because of OperationRegion mismatch after BIOS update). But I still don't understand why your IRQ assignment is shifted, compared to mine. Discrete GFX didn't help me. BIOS settings also. So now I can only try to remove Asus combo board. Pity I cant do it without removal of CPU heat sink :(

Also, I came up with one more question: did you update NVRAM of your network card? There were one update to address problems with it under windows.

Ok, thanks. Our DSDTs are completely identical (only several OperationRegions are different, but they change after BIOS upgrade and are also relative to RAM size; so redo your DSDT after BIOS update, because you can have almost every glitch possible because of OperationRegion mismatch after BIOS update). But I still don't understand why your IRQ assignment is shifted, compared to mine. Discrete GFX didn't help me. BIOS settings also. So now I can only try to remove Asus combo board. Pity I cant do it without removal of CPU heat sink :(

Also, I came up with one more question: did you update NVRAM of your network card? There were one update to address problems with it under windows.

I patched my dsdt after bios update and I didn't updated NVRAM of my network card.

Remark about redoing DSDT, was just advice, because its not always obvious that BIOS update can bring completely esoteric glitches :) . Even more, I forgot that UEFI BIOS change OperationRegions even after any settings adjustments in BIOS :banghead:. So you really need to redo DSDT after almost every operation with BIOS :( . About broken sleep, looks like I nailed down root of the problem: Asus combo board. Bluetooth part, to be more precise. Somehow E1000e driver conflicts with bluetooth device. I don't know what kind of conflict it is, but I think its IRQ related. Just disabling bluetooth controller in BIOS helped, no need to physically remove card. After some more testing, I think, I'll write complete guide about this motherboard, because during course of research I found several other minor things. Thanks again for your help :)

Remark about redoing DSDT, was just advice, because its not always obvious that BIOS update can bring completely esoteric glitches :) . Even more, I forgot that UEFI BIOS change OperationRegions even after any settings adjustments in BIOS :banghead:. So you really need to redo DSDT after almost every operation with BIOS :( . About broken sleep, looks like I nailed down root of the problem: Asus combo board. Bluetooth part, to be more precise. Somehow E1000e driver conflicts with bluetooth device. I don't know what kind of conflict it is, but I think its IRQ related. Just disabling bluetooth controller in BIOS helped, no need to physically remove card. After some more testing, I think, I'll write complete guide about this motherboard, because during course of research I found several other minor things. Thanks again for your help :)

No problem, I will redo my dsdt again, thanks for your advice.

Of course. I even force-updated GbE and ME regions of BIOS to latest versions.

Ok. Lets try to study your case. Sleep works with patches from PJALM's repo? Can you tell me what IRQs have GLAN and HPET devices? You can look it up through IORegistryExplorer or IOJones. Also, how's your BIOS configured, at least what did you change from stock? And what BIOS version you have? Do you have Asus combo board with Wi-Fi installed?

Right now I have only one speculation: discrete GFX card. All people that had everything working had one thing in common: they were using discrete GFX. So far I'm only one with broken sleep on this motherboard. At least I wasn't able to find anyone with same problem.

You force updated the GbE and ME? Why would you do that and how did you do it?

You force updated the GbE and ME? Why would you do that and how did you do it?
Whoa. My post with description disappeared :( . Either I'm going nuts, or mod removed it because it contained links to russian site. Either way, brief explanation about ME and GbE: Asus sometimes update GbE and ME regions of its BIOS within regular BIOS update, but any method of BIOS update only updates BIOS region and skips ME and GbE. Nobody knows why. So, in new BIOS file we have fresh ME and GbE, but they aren't updated.

Stock ME version doesn't matter, but stock GbE (v1.3) is known to cause problems with ethernet under Win8. So, I used fresh BIOS from Asus site and FTK to reflash only ME and GbE regions in hope that this will help me with my issue. It didn't help.

On second thought I think that posting links to these tools is not such a good idea, because improper use can and will brick motherboard. If you don't experience problems with Ethernet or overclocking/turbo ration of CPU, then you don't need to force-update ME and/or GbE.

Aaaand, looks like my problem may not be DSDT related. I discovered that sleep breaks only with hmak's AppleIntelE1000e kext installed. I described my problem in his thread. I hope he'll have some idea how to fix this.

i have a maximus v extreme with a 3770k and gtx 680, i patched the latest bios for this board and install, also did a clean install of mavericks and created a patch dsdt using pjalm guide, after that i install multibeast and rebooted, install audio 898, intel - hnaks appleintele1000e v2.5.4d and 1080p display mode, trim 10.9 and rebooted, also removed nullpowermanament kext s/l/e, everything is working fine sleep aswell, the only issue i ran was the imessage problem, to fix imessage i install FileNVRAM.dylib using chameleon wizard 4.2.1 and also install the actual chameleon version 2266 to mavericks, now everything is working fine even all front usb ports 2.0/3.0

hope this might help someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back