Contribute
Register

DSDT for ASUS Maximus V Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do you mean by sleep not working? Does it sleep and wake right away? Sleep and then on wake u get black screen? Does not sleep at all?

I described in one of earlier posts: monitor goes dark, mouse and keyboard also go dark, HDDs spin down, but computer continue to work. Coolers continue running and on-board status indicator is showing normal operation. Usually this indicator is showing whether I'm going into sleep or whether I'm going out of sleep. Also I cannot put it out of sleep by any means. In other words, computer just hangs and I need to reset it. Logs are completely clean.

Shutdown and reboot also exhibit this behavior, but after about 20 seconds of being stuck, computer shuts down or reboots. In case of sleep it just continues to work till I force shutdown it or reset. Again, logs are completely clean.

Aaaand, looks like my problem may not be DSDT related. I discovered that sleep breaks only with hmak's AppleIntelE1000e kext installed. I described my problem in his thread. I hope he'll have some idea how to fix this.

I didn't know about this, I did a working dsdt without problems, thank you.
Hi. I have same motherboard as you. And also I started this whole mess about DSDT patches for it :) . But problem, that forced me to research DSDT and ACPI led me to glitch/bug in Intel e1000e driver or network chip of motherboard itself. So, I hope to confirm one issue with you: after applying DSDT patch from PJALM's repo, do you have your sleep working? Mine breaks. Computer shuts down all peripherals (monitor, usb, hdd and so on) except for ethernet and hangs there with fans spinning... So, how's it doing on your motherboard? Thanks in advance for help :)

Hi. I have same motherboard as you. And also I started this whole mess about DSDT patches for it :) . But problem, that forced me to research DSDT and ACPI led me to glitch/bug in Intel e1000e driver or network chip of motherboard itself. So, I hope to confirm one issue with you: after applying DSDT patch from PJALM's repo, do you have your sleep working? Mine breaks. Computer shuts down all peripherals (monitor, usb, hdd and so on) except for ethernet and hangs there with fans spinning... So, how's it doing on your motherboard? Thanks in advance for help :)

My sleep works perfectly, have you patched your bios?

My sleep works perfectly, have you patched your bios?
Of course. I even force-updated GbE and ME regions of BIOS to latest versions.

Ok. Lets try to study your case. Sleep works with patches from PJALM's repo? Can you tell me what IRQs have GLAN and HPET devices? You can look it up through IORegistryExplorer or IOJones. Also, how's your BIOS configured, at least what did you change from stock? And what BIOS version you have? Do you have Asus combo board with Wi-Fi installed?

Right now I have only one speculation: discrete GFX card. All people that had everything working had one thing in common: they were using discrete GFX. So far I'm only one with broken sleep on this motherboard. At least I wasn't able to find anyone with same problem.

Of course. I even force-updated GbE and ME regions of BIOS to latest versions.

Ok. Lets try to study your case. Sleep works with patches from PJALM's repo? Can you tell me what IRQs have GLAN and HPET devices? You can look it up through IORegistryExplorer or IOJones. Also, how's your BIOS configured, at least what did you change from stock? And what BIOS version you have? Do you have Asus combo board with Wi-Fi installed?

Right now I have only one speculation: discrete GFX card. All people that had everything working had one thing in common: they were using discrete GFX. So far I'm only one with broken sleep on this motherboard. At least I wasn't able to find anyone with same problem.

Sleep works with patches from PJALM's repo? Yes

Can you tell me what IRQs have GLAN and HPET devices?
GLAN: <1400000007000000>,<0200000000000100>
HPET: <0200000000000000>,<0800000000000000>,<0b00000000000000>,<0f00000000000000>

Also, how's your BIOS configured, at least what did you change from stock? The ram frequency from auto to 1600mhz and the processor clock speed in turbo mode from 3.9ghz to 4.1ghz

And what BIOS version you have? 1802

Do you have Asus combo board with Wi-Fi installed? No, I removed it, I use a usb wireless and bluetooth adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back