Contribute
Register

DSDT for ASUS Maximus V Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS Maximus V Gene - i73770 - HD4000 - Working Ivy Bridge PowerManagement

Why would i want your ACPI tables? Nothing I use can even open those bin files, why not extract your DSDT with MaciASL?

Sorry about that. They are aml files. Looks like MaciASL checks only extension of file and not its contents, so it thinks that its not aml. I just didn't change their extension after extraction, because I used DSDTEditor, which doesn't care about extension. Heres archive with changed extensions.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 171

ok i hav a working Patch file in my repo now for you as a start, we can add to it till u get all the hardware working right

ok i hav a working Patch file in my repo now for you as a start, we can add to it till u get all the hardware working right

Thanks. One error in the beginning: "Name (APCB, 0xFEC0000)" but must be "Name (APCB, 0xFEC00000)". One zero was chopped because of EC0 removal. I'll test ASMedia patches in the morning. Thing is, I have only one HDD now, so I didn't even knew whether I had ASMedia SATA ports working. USB3 ports worked OOB with USB2 periphery with exclusion of USB2 storage devices. I don't have any USB3 devices to test. Also, I didnt try to put computer to sleep with anything in USB3 ports.

don't remove ECO and don't use the ASMedia patches they were only for USB3 and cosmetic mostly

i tested against your dsdt with no errors at all, are you set to iASL 5.0 in MaciASL?

Did u try the Maximus_V_Extreme patch i put in the repo?

don't remove ECO and don't use the ASMedia patches they were only for USB3 and cosmetic mostly

i tested against your dsdt with no errors at all, are you set to iASL 5.0 in MaciASL?

Did u try the Maximus_V_Extreme patch i put in the repo?

English is not my native, so I might have some trouble with explaining exactly what I want to say. I didn't remove EC0 patch. My motherboard have one memory region that was trimmed by EC0 regex and wasnt restored to normal by 0x000EC00 regex because this region is 0xFEC0000. To fix this I added this regex to one of your patch sections:
Code:
into device label SIO1 code_regex 0x00(,\s+//\s+L) replaceall_matched begin 0x01%1 end;
into_all all code_regex pnp0c14 replaceall_matched begin PNP0C14 end;
into_all all code_regex (Acquire\s\(MUT0,\s0x)....\) replace_matched begin %1FFFF) end;
into_all all code_regex CreateDWordField\s\(BUF0,\s\\_SB.PCI0._Y0F._LEN,\sMSLN\) replace_matched begin CreateQWordField (BUF0, \\_SB.PCI0._Y0F._LEN, MSLN) end;
into_all all code_regex 0x000EC00 replaceall_matched begin 0x000EC000 end;
[B][I]into_all all code_regex 0xFEC0000 replaceall_matched begin 0xFEC00000 end;[/I][/B]

About ASMedia patch, I meant to say that I wanted to test DSDT with and without it. Right now, I dont see any difference, except for abscence of ASMedia devices in PCI Cards section of System Information. So, looks like in my case change is only cosmetic.

Bottom line: everything works like a charm now. I didn't test USB3 multiplexing patch, though. Even Gene patch isn't giving me any problems now. Looks like last time I tried it, it somehow wasn't applied or downloaded correctly. Or I accidentally messed up somewhere else...

But, problem with HPET and sleep lies unresolved. I tried quite a number of things with IRQs, but almost every change in IRQs distribution breaks sleep and makes shutdown/reboot way too long. Somehow, when I try to assign IRQ 0 and 8 to HPET (0 and 8 used by regular timers), HPET steals IRQ 2 and 8, and not 0 and 8. Also, my HPET has 4 IRQs, while most other people's HPET use only 2 IRQs. I'm completely lost here :(

You can't assign IRQs to HPET just specify what ones to ignore.

Looks like its the opposite. I also thought that IRQNoFlags blacklists IRQs, but in reality it assigns them. At least range 0-15. You can read about it in ACPI specification in section 19.5.63 and 19.5.64. http://www.acpi.info/DOWNLOADS/ACPIspec50.pdf . Same goes for IRQ instruction, which additionally needs passing of several flags as parameters.

Right now, I'm trying to understand why reassigning IRQs to HPET breaks sleep. I found many cases like mine, but every one of them wasn't resolved. At least I didn't manage to find any exact info about it. Right now I have some ideas, but I need to test them. Looks like Maximus V Extreme have too much different onboard devices, so all or almost all base IRQs are used by other devices. This is just speculation, so I need to test more. Either way, it looks like I wont be able to solve this problem alone...

Thanks for splitting our discussion into another thread, PJALM.

Summary of Asus Maximus V Extreme:
1) Motherboard works OOB with one caveat.
2) Only caveat is ECH2 controller (connects to chassis front USB2.0 ports or to additional USB2.0 rear bracket), which have conflicting IRQs with HPET and thus not working.
3) USB3.0 works with USB3.0 multiplexing patch and should work with GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 driver from Zenith432 (without multiplexing patch).
4) Sleep works OOB.
5) PM works OOB. At lest with MacPro3,1 definition. With Macmini6,2 we need custom SSDT.
6) Patches in PJALM's repo work without problem, but may not be needed, because I cant they can be cosmetic in case of MVE, apart from HDMI audio. I need more testing here and need to read more about ACPI specification and Apple DSDTs.

All in all, real problem is HPET's IRQ assignment. Tried way too many different ideas, but none worked. Even assigning completely free IRQs broke sleep :( . Same thing happens with Maximus V Formula, but not always. And that "not always" is what I'm trying to reproduce and understand. But without success. Too little info. Maybe someone have some insight in this and can help me here.

Do you use a descret GFX card? If so try running my MVG GFX0 patch and see if it helps.

Nope. Intel HD4000 only. I have a GeForce GT9400 lying near me, but I'll be able to test it only tomorrow. Even so, I don't really see how it can help me :(. Sleep breaks even if I only use generic patches... So far it looks like bug in Asus BIOS, because even reallocating completely empty IRQs (checked manually, so they don't have any devices with them) resulting in not working sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back