CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First of all, I am a recent convert to the cult of mac, after having bought my first Macbook air and completely fallen in love with the OS. I have been building my own PCs for sometime, so a hackintosh was the natural step. I have a pretty high end PC already that built last year (i7-2600k, Asrock Z68 extreme3 gen3, 16GB 1600 MHz ram), so I thought I would add an SSD to this and try to make this a hackintosh to see how it goes.

I've been reading articles in the forum, and have a good understanding (I think) of how I might do it. In fact, I took the first step and patched my Bios according to the instructions on this forum, particularly by "Mini-ITX" with the updated UEFI so that it can work with OSX. I have an Nvidia GTX 460 GPU, but I am planning on disabling it first and getting the system running on Intel HD 3000 before I introduce the GPU back -- less issues, and easier troubleshooting then.

The one favor I wanted to ask is if you could guide me on how to get the updated DSDT file. I downloaded a file I found in this forum (since it is not available in the usual tonymacx86 repository, but I read elsewhere that that DSDT works only with Bios v2.2 (mine is 2.3). I can always give this a go and see how it works. But I did read on multiple threads that to enable sleep/wake, powerstep and HDMI audio in this system that you need a special SSDT (is that correct)?

I think I know the basics from all the postings on this thread. What I'd like to know specifically is

1) Has anyone gotten a hackintosh to work with this Mobo Bios v2.3 (after being patched)?

2) Does anyone have the specific settings on the DSDT (most of the threads that have this for this mobo are devoid of the screenshot -- probably removed)

3) How do I get sleep/wake cycles, powerstep to work (I guess sleep cycles and powerstep are probably the only extra features I'd like to get running on this).

Thanks so much!

1) yes. dont look specifically for your board, look at asrock z68 boards info in general. itll all be relevant.
2) as above
3) sleep/wake on asrock boards requires dsdt edits. http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/39400-sleep-wake-solved-asrock-z68-motherboards-lion.html
hdmi audio requires dsdt edits http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html
speedstep with a sandy bridge cpu requires an ssdt

dont use a random dsdt you found, especially if its for a different bios version. things like which gfx card they are using and how much ram they have etc can all affect the dsdt.
make your own. ask miniitx for help if needed. hes very good with asrock boards and dsdts

Samisnake,

Thanks so much for your help! I'm so glad you responded since the patched bios I used was from your site (biosrepo.wordpress.com), it patched beautifully and I had no problems. After revisiting your site, I just noticed that the bios version for that was listed at "230" which I assume is for 2.3 (which is the version I have), so I think I should be good there.

As for editing the DSDT myself, I will look into this more. Unfortunately, for some reason, the tonymacx86 forum is not letting me see the links to the "creating your own DSDT" -- I'm being told that I don't have sufficient privileges, whatever that means. I'll try to collect more information to figure out what the best way to do this is.

I will also try to seek the help from mini-ITX to create the DSDT (He/she has some amazingly helpful posts on this board), but again, I cannot PM directly due to my low post-count for the time being.

Thanks again for your help!:D

Mini-ITX, Thank you thank you so much!:headbang::headbang:

I'm assuming you wanted me to extract the DSDT file I already had with MaciASL and attach it here right? I did that. This zip file below has two files in it. Both were from the same DSDT (.aml) file that I had, and I saved one as "ACPI Machine Language Binary" and the other as "Disassembled ASL file" -- I'm not sure which one you needed (I am guessing it's the disassembled file).

I don't know whether my actual hardware config is going to be useful to you but I will post it here anyways:

Intel Core i7 2600k (no plan to overclock)
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 Mobo
8-16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
Galaxy GTX 460 768MB Video Card (I will probably do first run with Intel HD3000 to be safe, but if you can -- or can tell me how to -- patch it to be directly used with the VCard, that would be awesome!)
160GB Samsung SSD
Planning to use Mountain Lion (obviously).

Thanks again for your help, Mini-ITX. You've helped so many people on this board. Thank you!

MacFantatic

macfanatic, download the tool called MaciASL from here > http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/83565-native-dsdt-aml-ide-compiler-maciasl-open-beta.html

Right click open the tool and (File > Save as) name it, compress the file and attach.

Attachments

• AsrockE3G3Bios23.zip
    41.5 KB · Views: 446
The DSDT's you have attached already contains all the edits.

Make sure you extract the DSDT on a fresh installation or if those DSDT works fine then use one of them.

Just rename the 40KB file as "DSDT.aml" and keep it on the desktop.

BIOS settings
Advance > Advanced\North Bridge Configuration
Primary Graphics Adapter > Onboard (HD3000) PCI (GPU)*
Share Memory > 64MB*
Render Standby > Disabled*

Advanced\South Bridge configuration
Deep Sleep > Enabled in S5*

Advanced Storage Configuration
SATA Mode > AHCI*
Hard disk SMART > Enabled*

ADvanced\Super IO config > Serial Port - Disable

Advanced ACPI conf
Suspend to RAM > Disabled*
ACPI HPET Table > Enabled*
RTC Alarm power on > by OS*
reset of the option here is disabled.

Not so imp settings but runs the build super quite. Once you bootin fans are controlled by OSX.
HW Monitor
CPU FAN > Level 2
Chassis fan settings > Level 4

Multibeast settings.

-

Screen Shot 2013-02-10 at 14.07.44.png

Mini-ITX,

Thanks so much for that file! I'll get on this project this weekend and let you know (fingers crossed), thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back