Contribute
Register

DSDT fix for HP core i7 720QM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what happened to the attachment? But it can be found at http://www.kexts.com
Legacy_Kernel for 10.6.3

g4sho said:
Hi all. I have an Hp Dv8t with the same hardware as yehia2amer, except I have the intel wifi card. And all of my cores are working. I did all the things yehia2amer described, in fact I was following a post he was commenting on at the Evosx86 team page. What I have discovered is if I use my corrected dsdt.aml, I would also kernel panic. But what I also discovered is if I don't use a dsdt.aml at all, all my cores are working. Even though I get some errors when I am booting up pertaining to them. I am running SnowLeopard 10.6.3, using the legacy_kernel hack for 10.6.3. I installed 10.6.0. and then used the 10.6.3. combo update. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do this. I then installed the attached package, and that was it. No dsdt.aml

G4sho

thanks so much man for the replay :lol: , so happy to hear that it finally succeeded with someone
but could you tell me some more about your successful installation
1)which boot cd did you use
2)which kexts, bootloader, com.apple.plist, smbios, did you used

sure i will try it as soon as you give me your feedback

thanks again :thumbup:

Hi everyone!
Great to hear that people are solving the cpu problem! Although are people getting all the RAM to work and do you still have to boot with boot flags? If not how do you fix it!

HP Dv7 Core i7 720 QM - 6Gb RAM -Geforce 320m

cheers!

I have a HP Dv7-3085DX laptop - Core i7 720 QM - 6Gb RAM -GT230m; installed osx 10.6.3 retail DVD with iboot supported 2.0. Everything works fine, except needs -v busratio=12 cpus=1 to boot into Snow Leopard.

Install Chameleon on OSX root will cause PANICS. Thus, I can only use iBoot to start Snow Leopard.

Please advise how to install bootloader to harddrive and which bootloader. Or any method to make it starts 4 cores.

Thanks in advance!

Softland said:
Hi everyone!
Great to hear that people are solving the cpu problem! Although are people getting all the RAM to work and do you still have to boot with boot flags? If not how do you fix it!

HP Dv7 Core i7 720 QM - 6Gb RAM -Geforce 320m

cheers!

please take a look at my Guide here
[GUIDE] Snow Leopard on HP dvx Quad Core i7 QM, Installing Method, Kexts, and DSDT fixes

joeyung371 said:
I have a HP Dv7-3085DX laptop - Core i7 720 QM - 6Gb RAM -GT230m; installed osx 10.6.3 retail DVD with iboot supported 2.0. Everything works fine, except needs -v busratio=12 cpus=1 to boot into Snow Leopard.

Install Chameleon on OSX root will cause PANICS. Thus, I can only use iBoot to start Snow Leopard.

Please advise how to install bootloader to harddrive and which bootloader. Or any method to make it starts 4 cores.

Thanks in advance!

please take a look at my Guide here
[GUIDE] Snow Leopard on HP dvx Quad Core i7 QM, Installing Method, Kexts, and DSDT fixes

maneck35 said:
I have the same CPU on an Alienware m15x. I tried DSDTSE but the cpu fix doesnt work. Any tips on where to start? I cant seem to compile the DSDT without errors as well - gives me over 200 errors! Help?

try using the "IBOOT Supported" with the fixed DSDT, this issue is related to HP users only

Hi!
So I'm pretty much 99% there myself with setting up my hackingtosh on:
HP DV7 i7 720 3085dx.

The only annoying issues is that I always have to enter a boot flag in the Chameleon bootloader:

-force64 maxmem=6135 busratio=12

everytime I wanna boot into OS X.

I have followed the advice of editing the com.apple.Boot.plist in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

but no luck! I still have to enter the boot flag when rebooting!

I also tried editing the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra folder, but NO luck there either!

Which one of these com.apple.Boot.plist's is OS X booting with anyways?

And why is the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra folder displaying a mach_kernal in "Kernel Property List"

and the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
displaying a legacy_kernel in "Kernel Property List" ??????

Please! Could someone give me some help and advice!?

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-07 at 5.50.04 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-07 at 5.50.04 AM.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 443
  • Screen shot 2010-06-07 at 5.50.42 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-07 at 5.50.42 AM.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 389
Hello all,

Can someone please attach a DSDT.aml for Pavilion DV7, i have dv7-3183cl but any other would do that is pm55 chipset.
Thank you in advance

this is a chameleon boot-loader by Meklort which apply a kernel fix to fix the lapic problem with hp laptops
it works for me at 32bit only and Meklort is working at a 64bit version

if you want to tested it , please share your results here

Chameleon lapic fix by meklort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back