Graphics
Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In order to begin to attempt a DSDT.aml fix for my Hackintosh project, I must first extract a working DSDT from my system BIOS. Most sources I've found on-line reference me to Linux commands. With this in mind, I wiped my 500GB hard drive and installed Ubuntu 11.04. Then I proceeded to install all necessary drivers to get the system up functioning properly. Then I ran the following commands:

sudo apt-get install acpidump (install acpidump app)
sudo apt-get install iasl (install compiler)
sudo acpidump >/tmp/acpidump (extract DSDT from working BIOS)
sudo acpixtract dsdt /tmp/acpidump >/tmp/dsdt (extract DSDT from file to DSDT.dsl)

My problem is that at this point, the DSDT.dsl file opens to a text editor that only says:

"Could not open dsdt"

Before I can even begin to work on this for my Mac install, I need to have the files to edit in the first place. Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

SYSTEM SPECS:
Intel Core i7 Quad 2.8GHz 1154
G-Skill Raptor 1333MHz DDR3 16GB (4x4GB)
MSI Big Bang Trinergy
nVidia GeForce GTX 480 (only one card by eVGA)
MSI Audio Riser Card (PCI-Express x1, 7.1 channel, Realtek chip)
1TB WD Caviar Blue (SATA 3.0, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)
500GB Seagate (SATA 3.0, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 / Ubuntu 11.04)
Blu-Ray burner optical drive (SATA 3.0)
64-in-1 flash media bay (USB)

Note: I HAVE gotten MAC to work with EasyBeast and iBoot, but the audio is not stable. I'd like to see if I can get a DSDT file to enable full-audio support and to make the system more stable overall. Also, VoodooHDA flippin BRICKS the Mac install, so I have to avoid it like the plague with EasyBeast.

I finally got my DSDT.dsl file. I had to use commands:

sudo acpidump -b -t DSDT -o /tmp/DSDT.aml
sudo iasl -dc /tmp/DSDT.aml >/tmp/dsdt.dsl

NOW we're playing. This is extracted from my MSI Big Bang Trinergy (P55 GD80 + NF200). If anyone is interested in this file, post here and I'll attach it up.

Sweet!

Ok. I used this DSDT.dsl and the program you suggested to quick-patch the DSDT.aml file (using the MSI P55 + GD80 patch file). The results:

Stable system.
Good recognition of internal hardware.
NO SOUND.

No matter which setup of Realtek enablers I use from Multibeast, nothing works. It still says I have no sound device. Any help, even a simple re-direct to another thread?

EDIT: Should probably add some system info. Using EasyBeast, I used the Realtek 889 enabler to get sound to work. It's just that it would occasionally give me static sounds instead of music (i.e. the sound would be horribly distorted). The audio connections use a MSI Quantium Wave PCI-Express x1 riser card to supply the sound ports, but the main sound chip is on the motherboard and is a 7.1 Realtek sound chip. It's supposed to be the 889a chip, but that enabler never worked for me. Only the 889 bare one did before.

Hi FFXIhealer,

i have the same Board. Do you get the sound working?
i have installed Lion with the latest combo upadet. Then i used easybeast with Realtak enabler and vodoo. So the sound works fine on front headphone jack.
When i only install Realtek i get all sources listed but there is no sound coming out of the jacks.

So i hope we can this problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back