Contribute
Register

DSDT Errors problem in Dell Inspiron 3542

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay that simply means i should call the _OFF from the _INI method. And if that belongs outside of that SSDT i should use External.
And at last copy the two SSDT to the patched folder with DSDT.

Tell me if i m wrong. As this method is not working from me.

okay that simply means i should call the _OFF from the _INI method. And if that belongs outside of that SSDT i should use External.
And at last copy the two SSDT to the patched folder with DSDT.

Tell me if i m wrong. As this method is not working from me.

If you have a single patched SSDT, you need to put all static OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
And you need SortedOrder to specify the order.
And you need DropOem=true.
It is quite clear in the ACPI patching guide (linked from the FAQ).

I have no idea to patch dsdt and ssdt and also my bluetooth and wifi bcm94352 are not working as El Capitan. please help.
only speaker and mic are working. keyboard F1-F12 for speaker and brightness are not functional.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
I have no idea to patch dsdt and ssdt and also my bluetooth and wifi bcm94352 are not working as El Capitan. please help.
only speaker and mic are working. keyboard F1-F12 for speaker and brightness are not functional.

Your ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml seems to indicate you already patched ACPI...
For new WiFi/BT patches, see here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/
Your ioreg shows brightness control working.
Your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete. No kextcache output.
Make sure you install your kexts properly. Because, for example, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext does not work from EFI/Clover/kexts.

Your ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml seems to indicate you already patched ACPI...
For new WiFi/BT patches, see here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/
Your ioreg shows brightness control working.
Your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete. No kextcache output.
Make sure you install your kexts properly. Because, for example, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext does not work from EFI/Clover/kexts.

I removed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and install in S/L/E
so in there, there are fakepciid , FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi, BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo.
It works! functionally.

the only thing is a full size keyboard, multimedia F1-F12, it used to work great on El Capitan. I could press F1 to F12. brightness and volume up and down without fn. What should I do to fix this?

I have attached my output and dsdt and ssdt (used patchmatic).

Attachments

• extract.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 65
  • problem.zip
    639.5 KB · Views: 64
the only thing is a full size keyboard, multimedia F1-F12, it used to work great on El Capitan. I could press F1 to F12. brightness and volume up and down without fn. What should I do to fix this?

What do you mean by "full size keyboard"?
How is the keyboard connected to the computer?

RehabMan, I did the patching to the required SSDT and then saved all SSDT to the clover/ACPI/patched but no effect. I can still see the nvidia chip in the system report.

I m attaching the origin folder and the patched DSDT and SSDT. Please tell me where m i wrong.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    41.6 KB · Views: 71
  • patched.zip
    39 KB · Views: 57
What do you mean by "full size keyboard"?
How is the keyboard connected to the computer?
sorry for making u confused. I mean the laptop keyboard. the laptop has 15 inch display so I call it a full size keyboard.

anyway, I fixed the brightness controlling and volume up/down using this patch.(Dell 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37)

into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
Return (Package()\n
{\n
"RM,oem-id", "DELL",\n
"RM,oem-table-id", "HSW-LPT",\n
})\n
}\n
end;

I also installed applebacklightinjector.
everything works perfectly like a real Mac.

Thank you Rehabman.

As what i understood from Problem Reporting. I m attaching the files and folder please check those and if i m missing some tell me.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    36.1 KB · Views: 73
  • CLOVER.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 75
  • kak’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.1 MB · Views: 88
  • kextstat and kext cache output.png
    kextstat and kext cache output.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.