Contribute
Register

DSDT editor help, extracting DSDT and compiling without anything gives me errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-D3H
CPU
intel i5 3470
Graphics
MSI gtx 660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I'm trying to apply this patch here: https://forum.suprbay.org/showthread.php?tid=145393 to get sound working on my hackintosh: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ti-ga-z77-d3h-intel-i5-3470-a.html#post473621 .

The guide mentions that I should file->extract DSDT in the DSDT edit some stuff and then compile however even before editing something I get errors when I try to compile. I get 1 error, 4 warnings, 12 remarks, 113 optimizations even without anything edited. The error I get is that _HID suffix must be all hex digits on the line " Name (_HID, "ABCDEFGH")". If it helps I wanted to add that I booted with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No -PCIRootUID=0.

DSDT Editor is a editor for Hackintosh. It's natural that a untouched DSDT will have errors with OS X. That's why DSDT Editor point it up. You should extract the DSDT, apply the patches, compile, if it shows errors you hint fix errors, if you get no more errors then you can save the aml file. Otherwise you should find how to fix those errors. In the case of "_HID suffix must be all hex digits on the line Name (_HID, "ABCDEFGH")", I guess you can change the last GH with a 0.

Hi I'm trying to apply this patch here: https://forum.suprbay.org/showthread.php?tid=145393 to get sound working on my hackintosh: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ti-ga-z77-d3h-intel-i5-3470-a.html#post473621 .

The guide mentions that I should file->extract DSDT in the DSDT edit some stuff and then compile however even before editing something I get errors when I try to compile. I get 1 error, 4 warnings, 12 remarks, 113 optimizations even without anything edited. The error I get is that _HID suffix must be all hex digits on the line " Name (_HID, "ABCDEFGH")". If it helps I wanted to add that I booted with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No -PCIRootUID=0.

It hard to tell what to do without the context in which the error happens. But _HID name must conform to the following spec (from ACPI 5.0 spec):

6.1.5 _HID (Hardware ID)
This object is used to supply OSPM with the device’s Plug and Play hardware ID.1
1. A Plug and Play ID or ACPI ID can be obtained by sending e-mail to [email protected].
256 Hewlett-Packard/Intel/Microsoft/Phoenix/Toshiba
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Specification
When describing a platform, use of any _HID objects is optional. However, a _HID object must be used to describe any device that will be enumerated by OSPM. OSPM only enumerates a device when no bus enumerator can detect the device ID. For example, devices on an ISA bus are enumerated by OSPM. Use the _ADR object to describe devices enumerated by bus enumerators other than OSPM.
Arguments:
None
Return Value:
An Integer or String containing the HID
A _HID object evaluates to either a numeric 32-bit compressed EISA type ID or a string. If a string, the format must be an alphanumeric PNP or ACPI ID with no asterisk or other leading characters.
A valid PNP ID must be of the form "AAA####" where A is an uppercase letter and # is a hex digit. A valid ACPI ID must be of the form "NNNN####" where N is an uppercase letter or a digit ('0'-'9') and # is a hex digit. This specification reserves the string "ACPI" for use only with devices defined herein. It further reserves all strings representing 4 HEX digits for exclusive use with PCI-assigned Vendor IDs.
Example ASL:
Name (_HID, EISAID ("PNP0C0C")) // Control-Method Power Button
Name (_HID, EISAID ("INT0800"))// Firmware Hub
Name (_HID, "ACPI0003")// AC adapter device
Name (_HID, "MSFT0003")// Vendor-defined device

Ok what I did was that I just removed the line completely, I feel like that prolly wasn't the best solution but it worked.

Is there any way to fix errors in this DSDT from GA-Z87X-UD3H F10a? Please, help.

I am working on iMessage FaceTime issues after I installed "Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter" and disabled onboard NIC. It works perfectly after device id fix in Apple native driver(Intel82574L.kext), but no iMessage or FaceTime is working correctly. Even new install does not fix it. I was thinking of editing DSDT to add NIC and mark it as built-in. I am booting with Clover under iMac14,1 profile.

I verified - it is marked as IOBuiltin = true in IOREG.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    54.1 KB · Views: 349
Is there any way to fix errors in this DSDT from GA-Z87X-UD3H F10a? Please, help.

I am working on iMessage FaceTime issues after I installed "Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter" and disabled onboard NIC. It works perfectly after device id fix in Apple native driver(Intel82574L.kext), but no iMessage or FaceTime is working correctly. Even new install does not fix it. I was thinking of editing DSDT to add NIC and mark it as built-in. I am booting with Clover under iMac14,1 profile.

I verified - it is marked as IOBuiltin = true in IOREG.

Since it is already marked as built-in there is no need to do anything with DSDT.

Since it is already marked as built-in there is no need to do anything with DSDT.

Yes, it looks like this is not an issue. But I was thinking of getting my DSDT straight, so I could try other things when the need to use DTDT edits. There is only handful of errors. I attempted to fix it, but I think my edits are hurt more than fix anything. I am pretty sure for you it would be very small effort. I could figure out based on the the changes how to fix future errors in the BIOS updates. I would really appreciate if you can take a look at this one.

Yes, it looks like this is not an issue. But I was thinking of getting my DSDT straight, so I could try other things when the need to use DTDT edits. There is only handful of errors. I attempted to fix it, but I think my edits are hurt more than fix anything. I am pretty sure for you it would be very small effort. I could figure out based on the the changes how to fix future errors in the BIOS updates. I would really appreciate if you can take a look at this one.

First step would be to get a better disassembly by disassembling native files correctly...

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Please all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then work with the resulting .dsl files.

First step would be to get a better disassembly by disassembling native files correctly...

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Please all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ell-inspiron-17-7000-hackintosh-able-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then work with the resulting .dsl files.

I got my DSDT from Clover ->Origin (F4 during boot). Is it not as good as Linux one?

I got my DSDT from Clover ->Origin (F4 during boot). Is it not as good as Linux one?

You should be able to use those files just the same as extract from Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back