980x
Graphics
r9 290x + 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Any thoughts, or feedback or links to help on inserting Radeon 5770 into DSDT?

Tony did a great post on editing DSDT for nVidia cards back in January:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... phics.html

Looking for something similar for 5770 or radeon in general.

rabbit.

Yes! Please!!! That would be awesome :headbang: Does anybody know where I could find such a guide? I would also like to get HDMI sound working natively (with AppleHDA.kext), which can be done via DSDT but I have yet to succeed (either the code will not compile or the fix doesn't work for my hardware).

I also use an ATI Radeon HD4650, it would be nice to be able to add that to my DSDT as well and the the HDMI sound working on that one as well.

Rabbit, have a look at insanelymac, theres a forum member who claims that he has written a booter file for Chameleon that will natively boot most 5000 series cards without the use of either the ATY_init.kext or dumping the ROM image. I haven't really looked into it, but I think it's called Kabyl bootloader or something. Again, it's made to work with Chameleon rc5, and apparently also contains the ability to insert kernel flags in the boot.plist to change your FB without modifying the ATI.kexts in your extensions folder.

If you find something, let me know too! Also, if you haven't already seen it, I put up a guide in the Installation section of the forum here called "GraphicsEnabler=Yes: The Guide" which details how to boot in 64bit without ATY_init.kext. Just in case you haven't already gone that way and want 64bit goodness.

Cheers,
J

64 bit with HD 5770 worked for a long time here with aseres mod. 1.1.9. with vervet
as framebuffer , without any ati rom and netkas init ..see my post @ insane 7/2010
simply graphics enabler yes and if you dont use a DSDT = PCIRootUID= 1
but
kabyl boot works perfectly here as well ..

Am actually using Kabyl's booter now, without ATI.rom file. Don't really see any benefit, except that IF you want to be able to change your Framebuffer, than it's simply a matter of typing it in at the Chameleon boot screen, ala AtiFb=Vervet or Uakari or one of the other 30!

Is there some correlation between how the DSDT file is configured and how the output ports on the GFX card are assigned? I have not been able to get just my DVI port outputting a DVI signal. I'm not sure why, but I have only been able to get it working with a DVI2VGA converter until this afternoon. I am currently booted, having used Eulemur as the Framebuffer, but thats because my DVI cable is plugged into my HDMI2DVI converter... sigh!

Anyone got any insight into this?

Jdutch101 said:
Am actually using Kabyl's booter now, without ATI.rom file. Don't really see any benefit, except that IF you want to be able to change your Framebuffer, than it's simply a matter of typing it in at the Chameleon boot screen, ala AtiFb=Vervet or Uakari or one of the other 30!

Is there some correlation between how the DSDT file is configured and how the output ports on the GFX card are assigned? I have not been able to get just my DVI port outputting a DVI signal. I'm not sure why, but I have only been able to get it working with a DVI2VGA converter until this afternoon. I am currently booted, having used Eulemur as the Framebuffer, but thats because my DVI cable is plugged into my HDMI2DVI converter... sigh!

Anyone got any insight into this?

Jdutch101 - I've got a similar problem as you although I haven't tried Eulemur and I haven't tried a HDMI>DVI converter - I may go order one now !

use Vervet as Framebuffer for HD 5770

sch8mid said:

Hi - yes I've tried Vervet - gives me full resolution however I get a black screen on OSX loading unless I use DVI>VGA converter

I'm wondering if it might be the HDCP of my monitor ....

notshy said:
sch8mid said:

Hi - yes I've tried Vervet - gives me full resolution however I get a black screen on OSX loading unless I use DVI>VGA converter

I'm wondering if it might be the HDCP of my monitor ....

no problem here.
DVI-VGA-HDMI- working with Vervet

HDMI even in 720p/50Hz with attached Panasonic Pro Plasma and correctable Overscan
in MonitorPreferences .

sch8mid said:
no problem here.
DVI-VGA-HDMI- working with Vervet

Yeah - I've been trying just about everything - currently on Kabyl boot.

I might see if I can borrow another monitor from someone to see if it is that ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back