Contribute
Register

DSDT Database: Gigabyte Socket 775 Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS EPIC NOVEL!

SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY WORKING 100%

(but to those of you searching for how to setup your 775 motherboards you may want to read this!)

Ok so, I was getting frustrated with the whole situation...

So here's what I did.

Reset Bios settings to "optimized values"

Then overclock my CPU to desired settings (I knew 100% it was stable though,YYMV)

Set HPET to enabled and 64 bit, Set SATA to AHCI as suggested by tonymac

Then I booted the iboot cd (the non legacy version worked for me)

Loaded OSX 10.6.0 onto my primary HD.

Went through setup procedure, and then got to my osx desktop.

(this next step is optional but can be a super time save if you mess something up!)

->I installed the backup application called "SUPERDUPER" on from a flash drive, and installed it. It's an application which is used to clone your mac boot drive to an external drive, do a search for google on it. TOTALLY worth buying, as you can clone your drive and make the clone bootable/swappable with the original. I'm sure there are other programs like this but it's so easy and cheap, like $25.

(I used this cloned drive to boot my machine from when i messed up my DSDT. Since the clone image as taken before i even ran multibeast or the combo update, it was like picking up right after loading the OSX install disc! So when I used SUPERDUPER to RE-Clone it back to the original drive that i ruined, i could try the whole dsdt editing procedure again, this saved me IMMENSE amounts of time. To clone a fresh copy of osx between to SSD drives takes only 8 minutes. Reinstalling OSX from iboot takes 30! :)

Anyways,

I had loaded all of the following files onto a flash drive prior to these attempts. (in case ethernet wasn't working)

Multibeast, tonymacx86 nvidia update, mac osx combo update 10.6.6 and most importantly the DSDTse application and a program called "DSDT auto-patcher"...

Here is the link to download it and read more about it:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=235523

Anyways, trying to use DSDTse to edit my own DSDT was being a pain, I'm good with computers but not the best with code. You're probably the same as me if you're here looking for dsdt files, right? :)

So, you can use DSDTse to try to extract your own dsdt and fix it up but mine had errors and warnings as soon as i tried to compile it.

I used the program to at least understand more about the DSDT files....as best I could

but in the end I used DSDT Auto-Patcher because it had my motherboard right on a list INSIDE the program.

You chose your motherboard from the list, and it has MANY brands, not just gigabyte!

SO, you chose your motherboard from the list, then you EXTRACT your OWN DSDT file from the system you're using after your FIRST FRESH boot up, then you APPLY the patches to your own DSDT! It took only a few minutes and saved the dsdt.aml file right on the desktop!

When i opened that file in DSDTse and recompiled it to see what was going on, it had zero errors and zero warnings, so i knew it was a better version than mine.

(DSDTse will save it in another location other than the desktop, so you don't have to worry about over-writing the auto-patched file, i just wanted to look at their work)

After I had my DSDT file and was confident in it...

Then i ran the OSX 10.6.6 combo update as suggested by tonymac, DID NOT restart after it was done...

and then I ran multibeast...

ALL i checked in multibeast was USER DSDT and then the entire SYSTEM UTILITIES group, and that was it...

I let it do it's thing, then I rebooted, and this time i took the Iboot cd out of the drive and booted from the internal HD.

The computer started IMMEDIATELY, no fuss, and the graphics work, the internet is working, and i'm typing from it right now.

IT SHOULD BE MENTIONED I AM USING THE VGA CONNECTION, NOT DVI OR HDMI.

I had VGA hooked up from the very start and it worked. It auto set the resolution to 1440x900 on my 1080p monitor. When i changed the resolution to the highest, the screen went blue and did nothing, but on reboot it was fine and set to 1920x1080 @ 60hz, again through VGA and not DVI or HDMI.

Neither DVI or HDMI showed anything after the apple logo, only a black screen...

so... if that mattered to me I would spend more time trying to figure it out but the screen looks like 1080 to me. :)

Audio isn't working but I haven't attempted to check any of the audio boxes yet... but truth be told I have a TC-ELECTRONICS Konnect live box which i use for my sound card, firewire, so it doesn't matter to me.

System profiler shows the correct CPU speed, ammount and speed of ram, and the correct Graphics card information!

I don't know what more i could ask for.

sudds if you're reading this... I may not need your services afterall, but I appreciate this site so much and this thread I will certainly donate. Send me a message and let's chat about the amounts, perhaps I can be a super member or something :)

good luck everyone, for a minute i thought i was dooomed to have to upgrade to an i5 or i7 system just to get the support i needed for DSDT.

Again, my system specs are

GA-EP45T-UD3P motherboard
Intel C2D 2.4ghz 1066fsb 65nm conroe overclocked to 3.0ghz @ 1333fsb (vcore up from 1.24 to 1.35 for stability)
8GB of Crucial 1333mhz CL9 ram (4x2gb)
Palit Nvidia 9800GT Green Edition 512mb DDR3 (connected with VGA)
Hannspree 25" LCD monitor 1080p capable
Intel dual 40GB ssd drives, (not in raid at the moment, one is backup)
600w "Vortec" PSU
TSST "super-write-master" 16x dvd burner

I posted all this in the hopes that it will help someone... perhaps someone who has my EP45T-UD3P board... or others.

Sorry for anyone else who had to read this all.

and I'm DEFINITELY sorry that i'm such a n00b :)

-gavin

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17 KB · Views: 156
Here is my DSDT for the board I'm currently using: GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1, BIOS F9.

If you're still working on these, I'd appreciate a patched DSDT. Thanks!

GA-EP45-UD3P-F9.dsl

Attachments

• GA-EP45-UD3P-F9.dsl
    199.6 KB · Views: 179
I'm posting in the hope that someone would be good enough to take a look at the attached DSDT I generated from my 1.1 Rev GA-EP45-UD3R with Bios 13e. (Ubuntu Live CD)

I am keen to find a way to get fan control implemented and I hope the DSDT route may provide the necessary hardware links.

I did a vanilla install with the 13e BIOS and have got network, sound and video working fine on a 4 drive RAID 0 set up. Which reminds me..... is there a tried and trusted method of updating Kexts etc on a RAID where the boot partitions are hidden from the OS? (Running MultiBeast or Chameleon against the "boot" drive does not update the underlying raid boot drives.)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• GA-EP45-UD3R-Rev-1.1-Bios 13e DSDT Ubuntu.dsl
    185.2 KB · Views: 109
Sudds said:
A fix for some of the dvd drives is to keep a cd in it.

This is interesting, because on my old dual G5, leaving a disc in the drive was almost certain to cause the machine to "lose" the drive when it went to sleep. Couldn't even force the door to open via software. :thumbdown:

Thanks in advance for the help :) no way I could do it myself.
just two questions:
1)Where can i find the patched DSDT?
2)does this add support for my gpu aswell?

Thanks,
Niv.

Edit:
forgot to mention- F7 Bios, Revision 1.3

Attachments

• GA-P43T-ES3G.aml
    19.4 KB · Views: 142
Here is my GigaByte GA-G33M-S2 Rev 1.0 DSDT.aml .

BIOS version: F7k (latest).
BIOS Settings: Optimized Defaults + SATA AHCI + 64 Bit HPET

DSDT generated from Ubuntu 10.10 x64 Live CD.

The DSDT is unedited.

Attachments

• GigaByte GA-G33M-S2.aml
    21.5 KB · Views: 242
Hi, here is my unedited GA-EP43-UD3L-F9 (rev.1.1)

Followed all the instructions for creating the dsdt.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• GA-EP43-UD3L-f9.dsl
    182.6 KB · Views: 203
Hi,

Here's another one!

This is for the Gigabyte P43T-ES3G Rev. 1.3 motherboard with F7 Bios.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• GA-P43T-ES3G-F7.dsl
    189 KB · Views: 190
ok guys, here is the DSDT for my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Board Rev 1.0 BiOS F4
i set bios to optimized defaults and then made the changes like AHCI and changed the boot priority.

just being curious here but why do the dsdt's need to be patched? i see people uploading vanilla dsdt's and then another person patches them, whats that for?

Cheers,
Dale

Attachments

• GA-965P-DS3_BoardRev_1.0_F4.aml
    17.9 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back