Contribute
Register

DSDT Database for non-socket 1156 Motherboards [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DSDT Database for non-P55 Motherboards

In most of the DSDTs found here in the DSDT database, all which I have reviewed, anyway, the SATA device tree is simply the IDE1 device tree which has been renamed SATA, by changing only the initial Device statement.

I believe the IDE0 device is the correct one to rename, and if a true SATA device tree is substituted for the IDE0 device tree (a sample of which SATA device tree is attached, below), then the devices will, indeed, appear as SATA devices, and with distinct SATA bay names, too. This descriptive information appears in the About This Mac... information.

In the sample, the 0x001F0002 device is replaced with a SATA device tree.

Each SATA device is given a bay name, starting with 1, as Int 1, Int 2, Int 3, Int 4, Ext 1 and Ext 2, for a total of six SATA devices.

In this instance I am using a Gigabyte accessory external SATA connector kit (obtained from a spare GA-P35-DS3R mobo) on my GA-H55M-S2H mobo.

As I have done on this H55 mobo, I have done the same on my other Hacks, namely P35-DS3R, EP45C-DS3R, EP45T-DS3R and Shuttle SP35 as each of these are ICH9R or ICH10R. Actually, the Shuttle SP35 came first with this substitution, and the others followed, with the Gigabyte H55M being last.

Also, on some G31 and G41 mobos which I have built, and which are ICH7, there are only four devices, in which case the bays are usually named Int 1, Int 2, Int 3 and Ext 1, and a special custom eSATA bracket is used for Ext 1, often using the otherwise unused upper portion of an R8169 gigabit E-net PCI card or a Mini-PCI to PCI WiFi adapter card as the location of the eSATA connector, which is itself obtained from one of the "usual suspect" cable companies found on The Bay, or elsewhere. This requires use of hand tools or machinery, but is a small price to pay for the convenience.

Incidentally, I had earlier retrofitted the "Hackintosh-friendly" DSDT additions (AMAC, etcetera) from an existing Gigabyte mobo to my F5 GA-H55M-S2H mobo's BIOS, and I was pleased to see that Gigabyte finally included the same in this mobo's F6 BIOS.

Device (SATA) // The SATA device replaces the entire IDE0 device
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002) // Otherwise, the descriptive bay names won't be picked up
Name (_SUN, One)
Device (PRT0) // Device 0 is internal (DVD multi-burner) in my machine
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Method (_GTF, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Name (PIB0, Buffer (0x07)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xA0, 0xF5
})
Return (PIB0)
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"io-device-location",
Buffer (0x06)
{
"Int 1" // Name this bay "Int 1" (for Internal 1)
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (PRT1) // Device 1 is internal (500 GB hard drive with main and backup partitions) in my machine
{
Name (_ADR, One)
{
Name (PIB1, Buffer (0x07)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xB0, 0xF5
})
Return (PIB1)
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"io-device-location",
Buffer (0x06)
{
"Int 2" // Name this bay "Int 2" (for Internal 2)
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (PRT2) // Device 2 is internal, but is presently unused in my machine
{
Name (_ADR, 0x02)
{
Name (PIB2, Buffer (0x07)
{
})
Return (PIB2)
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"io-device-location",
Buffer (0x06)
{
"Int 3" // Name this bay "Int 3" (for Internal 3)
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (PRT3) // Device 3 is internal, but is presently unused in my machine
{
Name (_ADR, 0x03)
{
Name (PIB3, Buffer (0x07)
{
})
Return (PIB3)
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"io-device-location",
Buffer (0x06)
{
"Int 4" // Name this bay "Int 4" (for Internal 4)
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (PRT4) // Device 4 is external, and is usually a 1.5 TB eSATA docking device
{
Name (_ADR, 0x04)
{
Name (PIB4, Buffer (0x07)
{
})
Return (PIB4)
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"io-device-location",
Buffer (0x06)
{
"Ext 1" // Name this bay "Ext 1" (for External 1)
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

Device (PRT5) // Device 5 is external, and is usually a 1.5 TB eSATA docking device
{
Name (_ADR, 0x05)
{
Name (PIB5, Buffer (0x07)
{
})
Return (PIB5)
}

{
Store (Package (0x02)
{
"io-device-location",
Buffer (0x06)
{
"Ext 2" // Name this bay "Ext 2" (for External 2)
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

{
Store (Package (0x06)
{
"device_type",
Buffer (0x10)
{
"AHCI Controller"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x1D)
{
"ICH10-R SATA/AHCI Controller"
},

"name",
Buffer (0x1D)
{
"ICH10-R SATA/AHCI Controller"
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

Here is the DSDT for Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H which I use, and which has the SATA device tree disclosed above.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    20.3 KB · Views: 124

peterhaas said:
Here is the DSDT for Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H which I use, and which has the SATA device tree disclosed above.
Which BIOS revision is this for?

Also has anyone ever had any success gettin audio through hdmi working on a EVGA gt 240 graphics card and ga-h55m-s2h mobo?

This is the latest BIOS ... F6.

I did the same on F5, after I retrofitted all the "Hackintosh-friendly" code from another Gigabyte BIOS, before Gigabyte had done it to F5, thereby "rolling" it to F6.

I have been running this SATA device on all my Hacks for some time.

I have NOT used a 240 series video card, and I have not tested HDMI.

In general, I stick with an 8400GS 512 MB video card, and I use the green jack for audio output.

ziggy said:
peterhaas said:

Also has anyone ever had any success gettin audio through hdmi working on a EVGA gt 240 graphics card and ga-h55m-s2h mobo?
There is always a topic in DSDT for latest Gigabyte socket 1156, here is the current one viewtopic.php?p=26152#p26152

Have you used the forum search feature?

ziggy said:
peterhaas said:

F5 with the AMAC stuff retrofitted is identical to F6.

My SATA device tree has been tested with F5, F5 with AMAC retrofitted and F6 (which includes AMAC).

Also, Shuttle SP35 and Gigabyte P35-DS3R, EP45T-DS3R and EP45C-DS3R, among others.

The Shuttle SP35 is essentially equivalent to a Gigabyte EP35-DS3R-in-a-box, except that the sound is ALC888 (the Giga is ALC889a) and the E-net is 88E8056 (the Giga is R1000).

Incidentally, both E-net ports work on the EP45T and EP45C, and Netflix "Watch Instantly" also works on both ports.

ziggy said:
peterhaas said:

andars said:
Here is mine for the Asrock P55 Pro. It has the following patches:

PIC/TMR/HPET
SBUS
HDEF
CMOS reset

I've also attached my LegacyHDA.kext

Hmm, in the last few days I tried several times to install Snow Leopard on my ASrock P55 Pro and, well, although I succeeded in setting everythig up - including my HD4850 - sound will not be available despite all the efforts I made.
I tried the attached DSDT - no ,luck, I tried my own DSDT (unmodified) but no luck.
I tried DSDT-ess - no luck.
As far a I can see, the DSDT has no HDEF in it so maybe that's why it soesn't word.
The only sound I got running is my Audigy 2 ZS with the kX Drivers.
But this is rather "rudimentary" as there is only digital out and no possibility whatsoever to change settings.

Any idea what I do wrong that my onboard sound is not working (it is working with Windows so I know it is not broken).

Thanks in advance, Bakunin

By the way: ATM I am running 10.6.4 without DSDT and besides sound everything is perfect (even sleep is working).

Re: DSDT Database for non-socket 1156 Motherboards

GA-X58A-UD5-F5 - 980x

Just did a complete rework of DSDT for F5.

Includes Speedstep, Sound fixes, Orange icon fix, shutdown-restart, sleep and all MacMan's minimum edits.

See attached.

r.

edit/ - still issues with sleep and shutdown. I'll look at it again later.

Threw up my hands and fell back on the F4-DSDT

This DSDT has been tested extensively on F4 and F5. It works perfectly for both as there is only one additional Operational region for Memory compatibility in F5, otherwise the DSDT is identical for both BiOS versions. It has been setup for speedstep with 12 cores but should still work fine with 8 cores.

Though I could only find one single difference in the 2 DSDTs I still had problems with the F5 version. For some reason sleep and shutdown gave me issue. But with the orriginal F4 version running in F5 environment it works perfectly so that is what I am sticking with.

r.

Attachments

• GA-X58A-UD5 Rev.1 BiOS F4-F5 DSDT for 980x.aml
    21.4 KB · Views: 97
Re: DSDT Database for non-socket 1156 Motherboards

Does anyone have a definitive DSDT to get everything working for use with the following system configuration:

Core i7 [email protected]
GA-X58A-UD3R revision 1
NVidia GTS250

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back