Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I first install I have full graphics and sound in 10.6.0. I run the combo update and then multibeast and restart. I can only run either easybeast or just the bootloader and networking and the required FAKESMC and JMicron Kexts. I can then restart fine but now no QE/CI and only 1024x768 as a resolution choice. If I install NVEnabler it goes through boot and then I get a blank screen with nothing. If I install the DSDT that supposedly matches my board I get the same thing. Blank Nothing. I then have to start from scratch and reinstall. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have Apple Remote Desktop on my MBPro but once it does this I can't even access it via ARD. Been working on this for a week now. Really wishing I had just built another Core2Quad machine! Should I just skip the DSDT altogether and just work on a suitable graphics kext? I'm at a loss... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Well, you may just want to skip NVenabler- thelostswede has the 250, and uses Graphicsenabler only. Make sure you're on the latest bios and have installed Chameleon RC4. Also, GraphicsEnabler=Yes must be in your com.apple.boot.plist.

Then at boot, type

PCIRootUID=1

And see if you have graphics.

OH MY GOD! That Worked! What is the PCIRootUID=1? Should I add it to my boot.plist?

tjsadler said:
OH MY GOD! That Worked! What is the PCIRootUID=1? Should I add it to my boot.plist?

So yeah- for the 9400GT, the PCI root to be used is 1. RC4's default PCI root is 0, so GraphicsEnabler will not work. Just add this to the com.apple.boot.plist like this:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Glad it worked!

Thanks for the help. Everything is working perfectly now except optical sound output but that isn't a big deal. It might be helpful to put the PCIRootUID=1 note in the installation guide. Maybe it's there and I missed it but it would definitely be helpful.

Whoa, that fixed all my problems as well. I'm using an old 8400gs. thanks tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back