ASUS ROG Strix HERO II Laptop
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630+RTX 2060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I'm back again unfortunately...
I'm trying to watch a movie through iTunes but I am running into the black screen issue. I've tried different solutions such as different shiki boot args, but nothing has worked so far. It's a been a while since I was on this forum, so let me know if I missed anything with the problem reporting files. I will try to respond ASAP and I really appreciate any help.

Laptop specs -
i7-8750H
16GB DD4
120 GB SSD (Mac install)
RTX 2060 (not disabled, but I am using Intel GPU for Mojave)

Thanks!

-Marf

Attachments

• debug_29075.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
have you tried disabling Nvidia cpu to see if it makes a difference. also you have a lot of essential renames in DSDT disabled. I would remove ALL properties for Nvidia. And your Framebuffer injection is incomplete. I do not see SSDT-PNLF for backlight. Can you verify brightness slider is enabled? are you using 4K or 1080? Can you verify VDA decoder is enabled in Hackintool?

have you tried disabling Nvidia cpu to see if it makes a difference. also you have a lot of essential renames in DSDT disabled. I would remove ALL properties for Nvidia. And your Framebuffer injection is incomplete. I do not see SSDT-PNLF for backlight. Can you verify brightness slider is enabled? are you using 4K or 1080? Can you verify VDA decoder is enabled in Hackintool?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using the 1080p display of the laptop. Brightness slider is not enabled as I could not figure out how to enable it. The SSDT patching is way over my head, but I figured since everything has to go through the intel GPU that I wouldn't need to disable Nvidia GPU for things to work. HW Acceleration in video rendering seems to work for me for the iGPU. VDA decoder is enabled in Hackintool. I did not know my framebuffer injection was incomplete. It is very confusing to tell since I am using the config.plist from RehabMan for the i7-8750H.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using the 1080p display of the laptop. Brightness slider is not enabled as I could not figure out how to enable it. The SSDT patching is way over my head, but I figured since everything has to go through the intel GPU that I wouldn't need to disable Nvidia GPU for things to work. HW Acceleration in video rendering seems to work for me for the iGPU. VDA decoder is enabled in Hackintool. I did not know my framebuffer injection was incomplete. It is very confusing to tell since I am using the config.plist from RehabMan for the i7-8750H.
although things may work with Nvidia gpu enabled, you MAY run into problems later with different things gpu related. the config plist by RehabMan's is like a template, after which you configure to your exact system. you should read on guides by others with the same laptop/Hardware. try enabling some of those renames in DSDT. add SSDTs-PNLF to ACPI/Patched, remove -cdfon boot arg, as I think its for 4k users

although things may work with Nvidia gpu enabled, you MAY run into problems later with different things gpu related. the config plist by RehabMan's is like a template, after which you configure to your exact system. you should read on guides by others with the same laptop/Hardware. try enabling some of those renames in DSDT. add SSDTs-PNLF to ACPI/Patched, remove -cdfon boot arg, as I think its for 4k users
Unfortunately, I have not found anyone else with the same hardware as me who is trying to hackintosh. (In terms of identical, that is)

Also, I’m not knowledgeable enough to DSDT patch. I’ve tried for countless hours but I just can’t understand it and do it correctly. Hopefully I can find a fix for the 8750H and that will work on my system as well.

Unfortunately, I have not found anyone else with the same hardware as me who is trying to hackintosh. (In terms of identical, that is)

Also, I’m not knowledgeable enough to DSDT patch. I’ve tried for countless hours but I just can’t understand it and do it correctly. Hopefully I can find a fix for the 8750H and that will work on my system as well.
ill look at your files, and try to cleanup what I can and hopefully it will work. I will post an attachment with the changes tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back