Contribute
Register

Drives not being ejected properly on SLEEP. (Mavericks 10.9 upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This maybe what I have looking for, do these settings work with mac mini 6,2 definition and speed stepping?

I don't know about the Mac Mini 6,2 definition - I have never changed my system definition - I just leave it at the default Mac Pro 3,1.
Speedstepping however works fine for me I can see in HWMonitor that many different cpu speeds are being used so in relation to that yes works fine.

What is the advantage of using the Mac Mini 6,2 definition?

I decided, for some reason that I needed speed step working properly. This is after having a Mountain Lion install for over year working flawlessly without any idea of it working or not.

The only way I could find for it was to work was via a SSDT & the Mac Mini 6,2 definition.

After I got this working is when I discovered about the USB dismount problem appearing again.

I have just reinstalled Mavericks on a second drive and am going to try your Bios setting to see if everything is functioning.

Did you use any particular Multi beast settings?

I decided, for some reason that I needed speed step working properly. This is after having a Mountain Lion install for over year working flawlessly without any idea of it working or not.

The only way I could find for it was to work was via a SSDT & the Mac Mini 6,2 definition.

After I got this working is when I discovered about the USB dismount problem appearing again.

I have just reinstalled Mavericks on a second drive and am going to try your Bios setting to see if everything is functioning.

Did you use any particular Multi beast settings?

I used the DSDT option as I have created a DSDT with MacIASL to enable HDMI Audio on my HD6870.
I will attach my Multibeast Config file for without DSDT which I have also used to build successfully (as I don't know if you have a DSDT and if you open the config for DSDT it requires you to select the file)

Attachments

• HacProBlack no DSDT.mb
    4.9 KB · Views: 106
I used the DSDT option as I have created a DSDT with MacIASL to enable HDMI Audio on my HD6870.
I will attach my Multibeast Config file for without DSDT which I have also used to build successfully (as I don't know if you have a DSDT and if you open the config for DSDT it requires you to select the file)

Thanks for this, I reinstalled Mavericks and I have used no DSDT or SSDT, and my multi beast settings are similar to yours although to start with I have not used 3rd Party Sata, Generate P States or Use Kernal Cache.

USB eject has disappeared, I am getting various P & C States although lacking between 22 - 33.

I will run this setup for a couple of days and see how it goes, I also seem to be getting USB3 interference when a wireless keyboard is plugged in next to a USB3 drive, which I think is a good thing as this happens on my Windows machine at work.

Glad to hear how it is working so far. :thumbup:

I have not experimented at all with leaving out the Generate P and C state flags so am interested to hear what your experience will be.

I have experimented with UseKernelCache=Yes and =No and I did not notice any difference. I use the USB 2.0 ports on the rear panel for my Bluetooth dongle and that seems to work well with no interference from the USB 3.0 ports beside it.

(I have not tested since installing Mavericks but in the past installing the Bluetooth dongle on the rear when I have my Wireless Card TL-WDN4800 plugged in would result in interference from that source).

Glad to hear how it is working so far. :thumbup:

I have not experimented at all with leaving out the Generate P and C state flags so am interested to hear what your experience will be.

I have experimented with UseKernelCache=Yes and =No and I did not notice any difference. I use the USB 2.0 ports on the rear panel for my Bluetooth dongle and that seems to work well with no interference from the USB 3.0 ports beside it.

(I have not tested since installing Mavericks but in the past installing the Bluetooth dongle on the rear when I have my Wireless Card TL-WDN4800 plugged in would result in interference from that source).

I had bluetooth interfering with wireless on the rear of my machine, in the end I had to point the ariels in different directions.
I think the reason for interference is the usb stick being plugged in direct into the socket, my USB3 HD with a cable gives no interference.
Just tried Geekbench and my Score was 15920, my highest score under Mavericks being 16001. So not a lot of difference both on a 4.2 over clock.

Just ran Geekbench again Score came back 15990!!!

OK - I don't need to use Wireless as have gigabit ethernet but interesting that the different orientation of the antennae was sufficient to clear the interference. I had previously moved the BT dongle to a front port without experimenting with the antennae.

Post back on your experience with the Power State settings after you have run the setup for a while :thumbup:

USB 3 through the front sockets is a little hit and miss, I have USB3 Hard Disc which runs intermittently , when it is plugged in the rear it is perfectly fine, although a memory stick I use is also fine, I think it could be a power issue. I am using the header towards the bottom of the board. I will swap header and see if there is any difference.

Machine has been running now for a couple of days without P or C states from multi beast and seems perfectly fine and stable.

Interesting I have only used my front USB slots for iPhone, WD Passport USB3.0 Essential and various USB keys and Card readers but have not noticed any issues. I do have a USB 3.0 WD MyBook 3GB and a USB 3.0 SATA docking station but they are always plugged in at the rear.

I will try removing the Power states from my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and see if it affects my machine in any way.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back