Graphics
EVGA GTX980 TI 6GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I would like to upgrade from El Capitan to Mojave on my Hackintosh (@mods I hope this is the right sector on the forum).

I have done research on the site, and from what I see, I should back up my system firstly. Then I need to update my version of clover to the latest version, and then I should simply be able to upgrade through the app store as I have a working installation of Capitan, correct?
But once the upgrade is completed and I run multibeast, will I need to manually select the correct drivers to be installed again? Or will multibeast recognize the old set up and automatically update it if necessary? As I have a currently working build.

Also will I need to download new NVIDIA Drivers too?

If I missed anything can you kindly point me in the right direction, I just want to make sure before I start tinkering with an upgrade.

Thanks

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can not recommend upgrading to Mojave. Currently there are no Nvidia Web Drivers available. If you do, you'll have to use integrated graphics, AMD GPU, or a Nvidia Kepler card. High Sierra is your best bet if you upgrade, as of now with most Nvidia graphics.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the advice!

Can you (or anyone), kindly advise if the above process would be applicable with Clover/Multibeast/System update for high sierra then?

If I should re post this in the High Sierra section of the forum, I would be happy to do so.

Thank you so much for the advice!

Can you (or anyone), kindly advise if the above process would be applicable with Clover/Multibeast/System update for high sierra then?

If I should re post this in the High Sierra section of the forum, I would be happy to do so.

• You have to first install the latest CLOVER on current el Capitan
  • You have to then Edit your CLOVER to make sure its EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other has the latest FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext and your Ethernet.kext
  • Its EFI/CLOVER/drivesr64UEFI has all the efi files needed for Booting the disk .
  • I will check its config.plist _Boot and add [√]Verbose boot -v
  • Next download the latest macOS High Sierra Installer File (Install macOS High Sierra).
  • Make sure it is a full download at least by the file size. [My practice is to run on Terminal shasum command to find the alphanumeric string for maOC High Sierra 10.13.6
shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
10.13.6 (17G65)

69159caf25666ea1c5d466e158e075d947f6a9ee (InstallESD.dmg), 6b7522d7f78b93441ecd7dee73430af9b07b3744 (BaseSystem.dmg)

Once I know I have a full download , I will launch the installer and carefully watch and take photograph of any abnormal Verbose boot screen I see to upload to get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back