Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1080G1 Gaming 8GD
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Long story,

Ive been having trouble getting El capitán to install. So I just intalled windows 10 on my SSD and I left my HDD for storage.

Yesterday I found a new guide that was a bit more in depth and decided to give the a shot with High Sierra (since I have a i7 7700k). And the installation actually loaded, but I was getting an error because the EFI partition was too small aparently.

After a few tries to format the drive with the installer I ended up re-installing windows on my SSD and formatted the HDD in the gpt format.

After this I was able to fully install high Sierra, had internet, fully booted. But I wasn't happy because I wanted my os in the SSD. So I format my SSD from high Sierra and go through the install again, this time I wasn't successful.

After the installation from the USB is done the PC reboots, then from clover I select boot install osx from [SSD drive name]. Does half an installation and reboots. I select boot install osx from [SSD drive name] again (just like it did when I installed it 20 mins before). And when it's done it reboots and clover doesn't see the drive.

I thought maybe it was because I had a working copy of osx on the other drive, so I formated the other drive and tried again with same results. I even installed Windows in the HDD and formatted the SSD from windows (replicating the same thing I did to the HDD before), and I still can't get OSx working on the SSD.

Long story,

Ive been having trouble getting El capitán to install. So I just intalled windows 10 on my SSD and I left my HDD for storage.

Yesterday I found a new guide that was a bit more in depth and decided to give the a shot with High Sierra (since I have a i7 7700k). And the installation actually loaded, but I was getting an error because the EFI partition was too small aparently.

After a few tries to format the drive with the installer I ended up re-installing windows on my SSD and formatted the HDD in the gpt format.

After this I was able to fully install high Sierra, had internet, fully booted. But I wasn't happy because I wanted my os in the SSD. So I format my SSD from high Sierra and go through the install again, this time I wasn't successful.

After the installation from the USB is done the PC reboots, then from clover I select boot install osx from [SSD drive name]. Does half an installation and reboots. I select boot install osx from [SSD drive name] again (just like it did when I installed it 20 mins before). And when it's done it reboots and clover doesn't see the drive.

I thought maybe it was because I had a working copy of osx on the other drive, so I formated the other drive and tried again with same results. I even installed Windows in the HDD and formatted the SSD from windows (replicating the same thing I did to the HDD before), and I still can't get OSx working on the SSD.

I don't know if I missed anything in this scenario you are describing about the companion USB installer. When the 3rd or last time the verbose boot messages about the System disk suddenly disappeared from the screen and you expected the disk icon to re-emerge on Clover Boot Manager screen ( and it was MIA) , what was happening to the " USB" you had briefly mentioned earlier in your presentation? Was that removed by this time?

Until you get your new system disk fully installed (= System files from the USB Installer+ Clover EFI Bootloader from Latest Download + Installation of all essential kexts to the CLOVER>kexts>Other folder+ Config.plist editing with all the required Boot flags + the BIOS Boot options showing the System Hard disk in the Boot hierarchy,as First boot Device, the System disk won't be able to reach Clover Boot Menu Screen.

Therefore, check if you have broken the above link anywhere and fix that part.

Briefly, you need to use your USB installer disk to boot to Clover Boot Manager>Find your System Disk>Boot using the SAME boot flags that helped the USB to reach its destination screen (the Installation screen with Disk Utility) in booting the System Disk to login and reach Desktop> Install Clover EFI Bootloader on the new System Disk> Reboot again with USB Installer Disk leading the way to CBM screen and use for the last time the borrowed Boot flags to reach Desktop of the System and then mount the EFI partition of System Disk >Locate CLOVER> add essential files to kexts>Other and edit config.plist to look similar to the healthy cp.list of the USB installer and then reboot and enter the CBM screen using System Disk (USB Installer no longer needed) >go to Options>Args: verify the presence of required Boot Flags ( I will use verbose (v) also until I get perfect System disk with all updates) and boot the System disk.

We made the mistake of not adding the APFS kext to Clover.
The question now is ...how do you launch Clover...mount your EFI partition and add it?
  • You can mount the EFI partition of your System disk from the System Disk's Desktop.
  • You can also mount the EFI Partition of your Installer USB disk from the System Disk's Desktop,after you attach the USB installer to a USB port .
  • To make the Disks visible on the desktop [the Right side of desktop by default] you need to click "Finder> Preferences>General and place [√] on all the 4 check boxes [See image]
  • If you have Disks with EFI partitions, the launched CCV will list them in the bottom half of a divided window [See image #2 CCV showing...]
  • From the bottom half of the divided window, find the disk with UEFI mode you want to mount EFI , and from its RIGHT end click on "Mount Partition" [As shown on the above image]
  • The EFI partition of that disk will now be placed on Desktop - HDD EFI will be with the dark color of HDD and USB EFI partition will be white like the USB icon color.
  • EFI partition contains EFI Folder which contains CLOVER folder and its Sub-folders like kexts and the important config,plist file
Now you can edit the way you want or as suggested by troubleshooters.
When you edit config.plist , make sure you Save [ Not part of your question]

Attachments

• Finder_Preferences_General √ boxesx.png
    Finder_Preferences_General √ boxesx.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 449
  • 1.CCV initial screen on launch.png
    1.CCV initial screen on launch.png
    405.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 2. CCV Showing Installed Disks with EFI partitions.png
    2. CCV Showing Installed Disks with EFI partitions.png
    287.6 KB · Views: 483
Last edited: