Intel i5-6500
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey, guys

I just added a brand new HDD to my hackintosh (my OSX is in a 250gb SSD)

My question is if I could drag the 'Downloads' folder that is on the main SSD to the HDD and if this will be recognized for the OS (this means if all my downloads will go to the folder now on the HDD)

uJb4rdt.jpg

Hey, guys

I just added a brand new HDD to my hackintosh (my OSX is in a 250gb SSD)

My question is if I could drag the 'Downloads' folder that is on the main SSD to the HDD and if this will be recognized for the OS (this means if all my downloads will go to the folder now on the HDD)

uJb4rdt.jpg

It will copy the files from the SSD to the HDD. It will not affect where future downloads go.

It will copy the files from the SSD to the HDD. It will not affect where future downloads go.
I just draged the folder 'Downloads' to my new HDD and OS ask me for password....seems like now all downloads will be now on my HDD :D

EPSc1Ad.png

I just draged the folder 'Downloads' to my new HDD and OS ask me for password....seems like now all downloads will be now on my HDD :D

EPSc1Ad.png

no. All downloads you acquired previously are now copied to the root of /Volumes/HDD. But new downloads will appear in ~/Downloads (the ~ refers to your user folder under /Users).

You had to provide the password as you were copying to the root of a volume.

no. All downloads you acquired previously are now copied to the root of /Volumes/HDD. But new downloads will appear in ~/Downloads (the ~ refers to your user folder under /Users).

You had to provide the password as you were copying to the root of a volume.
I don't know. Now when I download stuffs and save them in 'downloads' these go to the folder now based on the HDD :)

I don't know. Now when I download stuffs and save them in 'downloads' these go to the folder now based on the HDD :)

Your browser remembers where you last saved a download...

Moving the contents of ~/Downloads to /Volumes/HDD is unrelated to the default location your browser might use for new downloads.

Your browser remembers where you last saved a download...

Moving the contents of ~/Downloads to /Volumes/HDD is unrelated to the default location your browser might use for new downloads.
No man, when I saved, I choosed in the sidebar 'downloads' and it goes to the folder now on my HDD.

No man, when I saved, I choosed in the sidebar 'downloads' and it goes to the folder now on my HDD.

Yes, of course. But that has nothing to do with your initial drag of the Download folder content.

FYI: storing things directly to the root folder is sort of a bad idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back