CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just updated from 10.13.4 -> 10.13.6 and my graphics card is giving me fits now.

Prior to updating, I had two monitors connected, 1 via HDMI and 1 via DVI->HDMI. After updating, the DVI port would send the colors as CMYK instead of RGB. No problems with the HDMI port.

I ordered two DisplayPort cables to move everything to DP, and now I'm battling the "boot to black" issue. I can see the screen and boot log when connected to DP, but I have to swap the cable to HDMI to log in. And then only 1 monitor works. I did boot into Linux Mint (don't have Windows) and all 3 DP connections work just fine. I can get crystal clear 60hz on both monitors on all 3 ports. So the card is working properly.

I have the GB RX580 and "RadeonDeInit" selected in Clover. I set the framebuffer in Clover to "Dayman" per the Radeon Compatibility Thread, but that doesn't seem to help.

I did notice when I go into the graphics injector menu in the clover boot screen, it's saying my card is AMD Radeon RX 480, not 480. Not sure that matters since they both reference the exact same values in the compatibility chart.

Any thoughts? Or what logs/data can I provide to help?

Last edited:
Here's how I got mine working:
No RadeonDeInit, no framebuffer set.
In efi/clover/kexts/other/
lilu.kext
whatevergreen.kext

All ports working with audio (HDMI and DP)

Hope this helps

I just upgraded from 10.13.5 -> 10.13.6 and have an RX 560D (recognised as 460 like normal) and I'm getting what looks like YCbCr (FYI OP AMD only support RGB and YCbCr) but I'm already using Display Port. I also upgraded to latest Lilu and WhateverGreen but in trying my previous backup USB Clover it is the same problem. The monitor is pretty much unusable so unless anyone has a fix I'll need to roll back to 10.13.5 using Time Machine which I have yet to try on a hackintosh.

Edit: tried HDMI and same problem.

Edit2: seems that my monitor is no longer automatically sent RGB so I need to add a manual override. The solution was posted in the 10.13.6 update thread here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-6-update.255911/page-25#post-1777517
Note I didn't need to disable SIP....because we are already hacked!

Last edited:
Does anything necessary to RX 480 to work? Doesn't 10.13.6 have native support for RX 470/480 as well as RX 570/580?

Mine is working without RadeonDeInit, I decided to put Lilu and Whatevergreen in the kext folder just in case. Init Display on BIOS set to auto as well as integrated graphics card.

Everything runs fine, Luxmark, etc. But I can't render H.264 and H.265 (actually I can but VERY slowly).

Hardware decoding of h.264 needs QuickSync enabled which you can find a guide on. Even though you have a GPU you actually need to re-enable the CPU's integrated GPU by setting the correct platform ID and you can use MacX Video Converter Pro to check if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back