Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys

Can anyone confirm if Yosemite is available in the paid apple dev account downloads?

I want to be sure before paying for an account - can someone also confirm if this violates the forum rules? I would have thought as paying developer using the standard builds made available to a developer for my use as per the Apple NDA to be completely acceptable (obviously omitting the fact that we have breached the EULA lol) - please clarify?

Thanks

K

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Can anyone confirm if Yosemite is available in the paid apple dev account downloads?

I want to be sure before paying for an account - can someone also confirm if this violates the forum rules? I would have thought as paying developer using the standard builds made available to a developer for my use as per the Apple NDA to be completely acceptable (obviously omitting the fact that we have breached the EULA lol) - please clarify?

Thanks

K

Yosemite is only available if you have previously downloaded it. I am a registered developer and it isn't available. Like I said before you can only get it if you have already downloaded it when it was the current version.

oh crap.. thanks cp25 :)
yeah see here
Dev account.png

I have just bought ML, so officially I can upgrade to any version of OS X ;-)

I will speak to the apple re-seller here in country and ask them for copy of Yosemite, they are a pretty helpful bunch.

I used to work for an Apple dealer in 2001 right at the OS 9 to OS X cusp, Apple used to provide all versions of their OS's... The current business strategy just isn't really customer friendly :( much like IOS and the app store, we are not worthy of being able to make decisions ;-)

I wish they would actually release OS X into the wild for PC's etc. In 2001 it made sense to only sell your OS with your hardware. Fast forward 10 years and their core business is no longer macbooks and powermacs. The iPhone and iTunes generate more revenue than any of their hardware ever has or ever will...

I have just bought ML, so officially I can upgrade to any version of OS X ;-)

I will speak to the apple re-seller here in country and ask them for copy of Yosemite, they are a pretty helpful bunch.
Well officially you can upgrade to the latest version which is High Sierra not any version. All versions are removed from the Mac App Store when the new versions are released unless they have been previously downloaded. then they appear in your purchase history and can be redownloaded

Application Support :-/ .... It's no wonder that creative folk are unhappy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back