CPU
i5 4460
Graphics
gtx 970 mini
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, I was wondering if it's possible to downgrade back to El Capitan or Sierra from High Sierra. I am perfectly fine doing a erase -> reinstall, however, when trying to download El Capitan from the app store I get this message.

BP97A.png

As for sierra, I cannot find a link to the app store page for that to test that download.

Sierra is no longer on the app store, I believe. You can find links to the installer if you google for it. Any link from the apple.com or a subdomain should be safe.

The image you posted isn't specific to Hacks, so you can probably do a general google for that issue. I feel like there is an "option+click" thing on the download button to force the download, but I may be thinking of something else.

So, is there a method to downgrade? Especially without wiping my drive and losing my settings? Or do I follow the "create USB, wipe drive, etc." method?
Restore your backup - You did take one didn't you ?
Or
Make a Sierra UniBeast flash drive and install without formatting the hard drive / SSD.

So, is there a method to downgrade? Especially without wiping my drive and losing my settings? Or do I follow the "create USB, wipe drive, etc." method?
probably have to wipe and reinstall

Or
Make a Sierra UniBeast flash drive and install without formatting the hard drive / SSD.

Hey, P1LGRIM. I made a Sierra UniBeast flash drive and tried to downgrade from High Sierra (without formatting the hd) but when the installer boots up and I select the drive to install on it gives me the error message "The source contains a newer release of macOS. Your Mac requires an upgrade before you can migrate from this source". Is there a was to force the installer to install the downgrade Sierra? Thanks

IMG_1075.JPG

Hey, P1LGRIM. I made a Sierra UniBeast flash drive and tried to downgrade from High Sierra (without formatting the hd) but when the installer boots up and I select the drive to install on it gives me the error message "The source contains a newer release of macOS. Your Mac requires an upgrade before you can migrate from this source". Is there a was to force the installer to install the downgrade Sierra? Thanks
It is not anything that I have ever had cause to attempt.
First examine your reasons for regressing and ensure that they are valid.
Perhaps you could backup your existing installation, make a new installation and then restore your files and data (not settings) from the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back