Contribute
Register

Down to my last problem; is wifi/BT supported on Asus Z590?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z590E Gaming WIFI
CPU
i7-11700
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
So post #1 after scouring through all your content for a few weeks.

I've been struggling the past week or two to do my first MacOS install on a Asus ROG Strix Z590E Gaming WIFI. I got my 11700 ID spoofed in ok, but then the trouble really started. First problem was the GPU. Turns out my XFX 590 Fat Boy doesn't play nice. Flashed a powercolor bios on the card and then it started to breath. Next was getting my AQC-107 10gbe network card to work. Trying the quirks, patches, kexts, comparing my device ID...EVERYTHING, all it resulted in was more of my remaining hairs turning grey. About 30min ago, I finally got it working. Started with a fresh config.plist and just did the quirks and it worked. Not sure what I changed since I first started, but not complaining about success.

That leaves me with my last thing not working; the built in wifi and bluetooth on the board. Somewhere I do remember reading that it isn't supported, but then I read that it is. Sooo, I'm a bit confused on if it will work or not. If it doesn't work, then I'm not going to keep trying...I don't have much hair remaining to waste needlessly.

Thanks-

So post #1 after scouring through all your content for a few weeks.

I've been struggling the past week or two to do my first MacOS install on a Asus ROG Strix Z590E Gaming WIFI. I got my 11700 ID spoofed in ok, but then the trouble really started. First problem was the GPU. Turns out my XFX 590 Fat Boy doesn't play nice. Flashed a powercolor bios on the card and then it started to breath. Next was getting my AQC-107 10gbe network card to work. Trying the quirks, patches, kexts, comparing my device ID...EVERYTHING, all it resulted in was more of my remaining hairs turning grey. About 30min ago, I finally got it working. Started with a fresh config.plist and just did the quirks and it worked. Not sure what I changed since I first started, but not complaining about success.

That leaves me with my last thing not working; the built in wifi and bluetooth on the board. Somewhere I do remember reading that it isn't supported, but then I read that it is. Sooo, I'm a bit confused on if it will work or not. If it doesn't work, then I'm not going to keep trying...I don't have much hair remaining to waste needlessly.

Thanks-
depends on the make and model of your wifi

According to the Asus site, and assuming that you haven't changed it, it is Intel you can try the kexts from here.

If you are running Sonoma

Thanks, that got the wifi working.

Hello Applegrcoug,
Since the parution of Sonoma, I've had continuous P.O.S.T. problems with my rig.
Sorry to ask, but could you publish your config.plist ? I would very much like to see what my configuration is lacking to ensure a smooth operation.
Thank you for your kind attention and your reply,

Best regards,

Zoltan

Attachments

• config.plist
    56.8 KB · Views: 5
Hello Applegrcoug,
Since the parution of Sonoma, I've had continuous P.O.S.T. problems with my rig.
Sorry to ask, but could you publish your config.plist ? I would very much like to see what my configuration is lacking to ensure a smooth operation.

Best regards,

Zoltan
Hello,
Try to temporarily disable these kexts (and test). On reboot, reset Nvram.
1711147110110.png

If you have a Intel-based Wifi/BT you may need other kexts (see posts above ).
Cheers :)

Hello Applegrcoug,

Best regards,

Zoltan
here it is...not that I know what I'm doing totally. I'm a newbie.

ETA: I have my 10gbe shut off in an attempt to get BT working right now.

Attachments

• config.plist.redact.plist
    26.4 KB · Views: 8
Hello,
Try to temporarily disable these kexts (and test). On reboot, reset Nvram.
View attachment 580226

If you have a Intel-based Wifi/BT you may need other kexts (see posts above ).
Cheers :)
Interesting enough, I'm not using either of those.

Thank you for your input and the file.:). I'll let you know how it goes.
here it is...not that I know what I'm doing totally. I'm a newbie.

ETA: I have my 10gbe shut off in an attempt to get BT working right now.
P.S.: I'm a newbie since approx. 2011, so welcome to the club :p :thumbup:

Back