Graphics
NV GeForce 9500GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just wondering if anyone has been able to install 2 DVD Burners in one system? I have two hooked up (sata) and individually they work but not together...any ideas?

Thanks
HM

PS sorry if this has been already covered...i tried to search and found too many hits non-related...

Also I would like to mention that I am using two LG 24x DVD writers

Re: Double DVDs Possible?

I don't think it's possible... although someone could tell the opposite...

Anyway, on my old G4 1.25DP I've installed 2 DVD/RW burners and when it's time to create DVDs and CDs Toast asks to choose either.

Thus I think it will happen also with your system. ;)
Having 2 DVDs means just multiply the time they will last. :D

dh22r said:
what the benefit of having 2 DVD burners?
Perhaps burning two disk with different contents at the same time... It's quite obvious. ;)

HackyMac said:
Just wondering if anyone has been able to install 2 DVD Burners in one system? I have two hooked up (sata) and individually they work but not together...any ideas?

Thanks
HM

PS sorry if this has been already covered...i tried to search and found too many hits non-related...

Also I would like to mention that I am using two LG 24x DVD writers
I have 2 DVD burners in both my P55 and X58 rigs with no problems.

MacMan said:
I have 2 DVD burners in both my P55 and X58 rigs with no problems.
I presume you are able to burn at the same time? I am looking at putting 4-6 into a rig for a friend so he doesn't have to sit in front of it as long as he does currently

Macman great to hear... do you have any ideas or places to look to remedy my problem? It would be a nice feature to get up and running.

Thanks for any help you can provide me...otherwise the drive goes back.

HM

HackyMac said:
Macman great to hear... do you have any ideas or places to look to remedy my problem? It would be a nice feature to get up and running.

Thanks for any help you can provide me...otherwise the drive goes back.

HM
What software are you trying to use?

Not sure what you mean by software... I just would like dual drives on my system. Do you mean dvd writer drivers? I am using the latest multibeast(2.5) and have already updated OSX to 10.6.5.

Writers are both LG 24x DVD writers.
According to system profiler the one drive that is being recognized is listed as

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NSS0
Firmware revision: TN02

Both drives are hooked up via SATA on MB.

Both are recognized when they are separately hooked up but only one is recognized when they are both connected.

Sorry for if I did not understand your question...new to this stuff.

Thanks
HM

HackyMac said:

Not sure what you mean by software... I just would like dual drives on my system. Do you mean dvd writer drivers? I am using the latest multibeast(2.5) and have already updated OSX to 10.6.5.

Writers are both LG 24x DVD writers.
According to system profiler the one drive that is being recognized is listed as

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NSS0
Firmware revision: TN02

Both drives are hooked up via SATA on MB.

Both are recognized when they are separately hooked up but only one is recognized when they are both connected.

Sorry for if I did not understand your question...new to this stuff.

Thanks
HM
Have you tried to see if both drives are recognized in another OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back