2. Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried installing Chimera from Multibeast and its own installer several times since installing ML but it doesn't seem like it actually installs.
The installer finishes very quickly and I see no /Extra directory in my boot drive.
I've been having to boot from UniBeast USB since I installed ML.

I'm not a noob so please feel free to get technical! I just don't know where to go from here.

I've tried installing Chimera from Multibeast and its own installer several times since installing ML but it doesn't seem like it actually installs.
The installer finishes very quickly and I see no /Extra directory in my boot drive.

I'm not a noob so please feel free to get technical! I just don't know where to go from here.

assuming you have ml installed with unibeast, the easiest way to tell is to reboot and boot from the harddrive when it says press any key at the chimera loading screen hit any key and look at the top it should have the version there chimera doesn't take too long to install at all

Same thing happened to me; I had to manually copy the /extra files from the unibeast drive in order to be able to boot from the HDD.

Happened to me during my initial installation.
Noticed that if you dont install EasyBeast you dont get the /extra folder

Happened to me during my initial installation.
Noticed that if you dont install EasyBeast you dont get the /extra folder

Ah, thank you! I had assumed since everything seemed to be already working that installing EasyBeast would be unnecessary.
Everything works great now, except my ATI HD 6450 doesn't give video output anymore. It's just a black screen.
I'm using internal HD4000 graphics now, which seems to work great (seems snappier than with the ATI card, even!), so I'll try to fix the ATI card later.

Are you using Raid O Striped by chance?

I'm not, sorry, my boot drive is a 1 partition SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back