Contribute
Register

Does your native CPU power management work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like your CPU is working with native power management. Power gadget hasn't been updated for Sierra maybe that is why it shows garbage for your system. You can use hardware monitor with fakesmc plugins if you don't believe me.
Absolute no. The files I attached including the screenshot were caught from Yosemite, more than a year ago.

Despite so, the Intel Power Gadget showed no CPU speedstep.

I don't use Intel Power Gaget. But ioreg shows that X86PlatformPlugin is loaded. Powermanagement is working. You can verify P & C states by using appleinfo.kext.

Absolute no. The files I attached including the screenshot were caught from Yosemite, more than a year ago.

Please attach all up to date files from Sierra. Files from Yosemite are useless for 10.12.

All the more reason the problem is with power gadget on your system. This thread should be re-titled "Does your intel power gadget work?"

Even after switching back to "iMac 14,2 def" it seams that powermanagement is not working,
X86PlatformPlugin is still not loaded and as far as I can tell not present in my system.

Do I need to install X86PlatformPlugin separately?
Where can i find this plugin?

Is there any problem in continuing without cpu power management?
(system runs stable and cool!)

I hope you guys can help me understand this issue and thanks in advance for your efforts!

Even after switching back to "iMac 14,2 def" it seams that powermanagement is not working,
X86PlatformPlugin is still not loaded and as far as I can tell not present in my system.

Do I need to install X86PlatformPlugin separately?
Where can i find this plugin?

Is there any problem in continuing without cpu power management?
(system runs stable and cool!)

I hope you guys can help me understand this issue and thanks in advance for your efforts!

Attach Clover folder from EFI removing themes & attach ioreg. I cant help without any files. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Thanks for your blindingly fast answer!

This guide begins with: "desktop power management is not mandatory"

Can you tell me what the advantages of power management are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back