Graphics
Gigabye GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Hello everyone,
First of all here is my drive setup
- 500GB SSD (OS X El Cap)
- 500GB SSD (Windows 10 Pro)
- 3TB HDD formated in HFS+ (DATA)

Paragon is installed in Windows to be able to read the OSX and data drives

I am a bit concerned, today I boot my hackintosh in OSX and it says my DATA drive should be repaired. Yesterday I ran Onyx and it says my OSX drive should be repaired ... My hackintosh is brand new, less than a week old, so it is a bit weird.
Could Windows be the source of the problem ? I really dont know how it handles Mac drives but I hope it doesnt write anything to it that messes everything up ..
Or maybe because it is a hackintosh that Onyx considers the disk should be repaired, dont know, just trying to figure this out.

I tried to boot in recovery from Clover to repair the drives but it just gets stuck in the middle of the loading bar, is this normal, should I wait ?

Cheers guys

Paragon is a mistake.

Why ? Any other solution ? Is the damage reversible ?
I dont need to read the OSX drive with Windows, just the Data drive.

EDIT: I just reformated the DATA drive, I am going to disable the OSX and DATA drives from the BIOS, boot in Windows and unistall Paragon, see if it improves

Last edited:
Why ? Any other solution ? Is the damage reversible ?
I dont need to read the OSX drive with Windows, just the Data drive.
If you use exFAT -formated drive then it will be usable for both MacOS and Windows.

If you use exFAT -formated drive then it will be usable for both MacOS and Windows.

Good idea, i thought it had a 4gb file limitation, but I was thinking of FAT32.

EDIT : After uninstalling Paragon, Windows still sees the OSX and DATA drives ... what the heck

EDIT2 : Managed to repair the OSX drive booting with the installer USB drive, Onyx says the disk is ok now .. Hope it stays that way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back