Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi,

it's been ages since I had a hacintosh. Now I want to built a possible very small one (in size).
I am trying to stick to the recommendations, but have some questions:

- does the wifi on the "Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi" work or do I need an extra Wifi-Card.
It‘s a Mini-ITX-Board and I don‘t want to waste the PCI-Slot. Or is there another way of adding wifi (via usb maybe?

- are NVIDIA GPUs supported?

- For a also installing windows, should I rather make 2 partitions on the harddrive, or use 2 separate ones?

Built Idea 1 - ITX:
Board: Gigabyte Z390 i Aorus Pro Wifi mITX. or ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
CPU: Core i5-9600K or Core i7-9700K
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT series, DDR4- 3000, CL15 - 32 GB Dual-Kit
or Ballistix Sport AT, DDR4-2666, CL16 - 32 GB; would they work?)
Memory: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD 1TB
Case: Kolink Satellite Mini-ITX

Haven‘t decided on Cooling and PSU. Should I stick to the recommendations?

Built Idea 2- mATX Board:
- ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI) mATX
- CPU: Core i5-9600K or Core i7-9700K
- RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT series, DDR4- 3000, CL15 - 32 GB Dual-Kit or Ballistix Sport AT, DDR4-2666, CL16 - 32 GB
- Memory: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD 1TB

Thanks a lot!

Should work. Yesterday make my firs customMac and it works perfektly.

the wifi will not work
the nvidia gpu will not work in Mojave and Catalina
the partitioning will be hard but can be done but much better choice is to use 2 separate physical drives

I have a build with the Asus Z390 ITX and works good. For WiFi the onboard card does not work and if you don't want to use up a PCIe slot then you could switch out the card. That is what I did. I purchased a Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF WIFI Card. Ive read that they are quite expensive now. Nvidia cards are not supported in Mojave and Catalina. If you want a GPU then go with AMD RX 560, 570, 580, etc. For dual boot I would go with 2 separate drives. SSDs are so inexpensive nowadays. PSU and CPU cooling are much universal. PSU, I would suggest going with 80 Bronze or Gold Rated. CPU Cooling will depend on clearance if you are going with an air cooler. If you are planning on putting stress on the K chip then I would look into water cooling. I have a Silverstone SG13 and it looks similar to the one you are looking at. Well, that is from the search I did.

A lot of people need the wifi option for many purposes. Some people need a wifi feature to provide online classes to the students who need writing help. I have tried to check out Dani's videos on https://danidaniels.com/ but I get some https://essayreviewexpert.com/review/edubirdie writing reviews options which provide the edubirdie website review for the students who want unique content related to writing options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back