Contribute
Register

Does Intel's New X79 Support Lion? [SOCKET 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If intel new X79 support lion?

Update to my progress. Got sound and video working! Wooohooo. VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 from Multibeast after updating to 10.7.2 seemed to do the trick. Now to work on Wi-Fi and maybe modify the kext so the SATA controllers are recognized.

I have Lion 10.7.2 installed and running very smooth. Mt GTX 570 is also working qe/ci. Sound using VoodooHDA 2.7.3. Internet using the patched AppleIntel100 kext from Multibeast. Havnt tested sleep yet, but Ill report back when I do.

I got Lion 10.7.2 working on ASUS Rampage IV Extreme & 3960X & GTX580 & Plextor 128M2P SSD based system, even the bluetooth (Atheros), except for the onboard sound card (ALC899).

It was much easier than I thought to make this work: without DSDT and any other kind of patches.

BTW, the OS will not recognize the model of the CPU (some app like GeekBench can recognize CPU properly), but all the 6 cores/12 threads are working.

:clap:
nfsking2 said:
I got Lion 10.7.2 working on ASUS Rampage IV Extreme & 3960X & GTX580 & Plextor 128M2P SSD based system, even the bluetooth (Atheros), except for the onboard sound card (ALC899).

It was much easier than I thought to make this work: without DSDT and any other kind of patches.

BTW, the OS will not recognize the model of the CPU (some app like GeekBench can recognize CPU properly), but all the 6 cores/12 threads are working.

--> vonmolk, NIZGTR, nfsking2 and other related persons,
Thank you for joying this thread which is very useful for those who want to move the X79 world for "more powerful Hacintosh performance". After having the chance to look into all of your comments, I have strongly confidence that the time to **** from the current X58 ssystem to the new X79 platform is come soon . PLs continue provide the rest of us your advise.

I'm trying to build an X79 / 3930K hackintosh. I have an Intel DX79SI motherboard and am having no luck with it. I can get Lion to barely run, mouse pointer is very slow and programs freeze with windows half open. I'm thinking of returning this motherboard and getting either an Asus X79P79 or a Gigabyte X79-UD5. Any recommendations or advice anyone can give me on either of these motherboards? I've had good luck with Gigabyte on other builds but I wonder if I'm asking for trouble with the X79.

Thanks

Can those with a working X79 system post the motherboard model, but also some benchmarks with overclocks? Such as Cinebench R11.5?

If you have audio working, then what chipset is it? Did anyone get USB 3.0 working?

nfsking2 said:

I have a very similar setup except I'm using three 470 GTX cards. I'm having difficulty getting everything to work properly and keep running into kernel panics. Could you provide a little more detail about your configuration and what steps you took to get everything working? Thanks!

I just used DSDTSE to extract the DSDT from my ASUS Rampage IV Extreme BF3 Edition and have no idea what I'm looking at :) I'm about to go on vacation so will probably print it out for some fun in flight reading. If someone gets bored over their break and is looking for something challenging, I've posted the .dsl here: http://cl.ly/Cqob

All I want for Christmas is a pre-edited DSDT :) Is that too much for a boy to ask?

Happy Holidays everyone!

NIZGTR said:
I have Lion 10.7.2 installed and running very smooth. Mt GTX 570 is also working qe/ci. Sound using VoodooHDA 2.7.3. Internet using the patched AppleIntel100 kext from Multibeast. Havnt tested sleep yet, but Ill report back when I do.

Can you confirm this is with the MOBO in your profile?

What steps did you go to get it working?

V interested in this config.

TheAggie said:
nfsking2 said:

I have a very similar setup except I'm using three 470 GTX cards. I'm having difficulty getting everything to work properly and keep running into kernel panics. Could you provide a little more detail about your configuration and what steps you took to get everything working? Thanks!

As I've mentioned, it was pretty easy to make almost everything work.

Just grab a version of Mac OSX Lion which you are familiar with, boot into the installation guide by using the latest version of Chameleon.

If you're not sure which among those kext drivers should be loaded, then don't install them until you successfully boot into the OS, or you may get into kernel panic. You can use MultiBeast to enable almost all the drivers you need.

I didn't use DSDT. I don't think DSDT is a must have stuff to make all the things work. To Enable Graphic card, you can use the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", or some injectors, maybe?

Currently my onboard audio codec don't work property, and I have no time to get the codec information in Ubuntu. Maybe I'll try it during the New Year Holidays. Anyone who have the kext for ALC898 codec, plz let me know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back