Contribute
Register

Does Dual-Boot with Windows 8 and ML work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i7-2670QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have ML and Windows 7 64-Bit working very well together, and I think about buying Windows 8.
Does anyone know,if Windows 8 will work in Dual-Boot with ML?
Is there a tutorial for upgrading/installing?
I haven´t found anything using the search.

yes i just install. every thing is ok
and work very good

Did you use a separate hard drive to get ML and Windows 7 to work?

I spent a week trying to get ML and Windows 7 to work on the same hard drive, I had reinstall it a few times as the Windows partition kept being destroyed after I updated the mac partition with Chimera 1.10 or 1.11 that I finally gave up and stuck to OSX only. :(

I would love to see an actual how-to doc that works for ML to get both working on the same drive with Chimera 1.11.0 (which doesn't show any boot options normally).

A.

You could look at my blog (see my signature) where the only post there (so far) describes a method to quad boot Win7, Win8, Lion, and Ubuntu...

Could you please narrow down the steps to install ML and Win8 only?
I don't need Ubuntu and Win7 anymore.

Could you please narrow down the steps to install ML and Win8 only?
I don't need Ubuntu and Win7 anymore.

I've not tried that specifically, but if you skip the sections involving Win7 and Ubuntu, you should be able to figure it out. That's why I wrote it in sections like that. You won't need to do all the work with BCDEDIT because your Win8 should boot correctly from Chimera right away.

I've not tried that specifically, but if you skip the sections involving Win7 and Ubuntu, you should be able to figure it out. That's why I wrote it in sections like that. You won't need to do all the work with BCDEDIT because your Win8 should boot correctly from Chimera right away.
Thank you.
I will try your steps this weekend.

Hi, you can do dual-boot for Windows 8 and ML???

if you can, you show me how to do???

i want dual-boot for Win 8 and ML

Thanks.

Hi, you can do dual-boot for Windows 8 and ML???

if you can, you show me how to do???

i want dual-boot for Win 8 and ML

Thanks.

Read post #4 in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back